Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 RAGE 3 blade 100 grain razor tips >

RAGE 3 blade 100 grain razor tips

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

RAGE 3 blade 100 grain razor tips

Old 03-22-2009, 01:08 PM

Default RAGE 3 blade 100 grain razor tips

Hi, after running out of 100 grain spitfire tips and going to the store to find they didn't have any I bought the RAGE 3 blade 100 grain razor tips. I heard nothing but good things about these so I thought here we go all I need is a clean shot. A doe came out 20 yards quartering away, I shot her and saw about 2" sticking out. I thought YES meat for the freezer! Well was I shocked when I walked over to where I shot her and found 0 blood and no deer. I searched all directions for 500 yards or better and nothing absolutely nothing! I can't believe it, I think it never opened. Speaking some people they say they only ever used the 2 bladers. Has this happened to anyone else?
Old 03-25-2009, 06:30 AM

Default RE: RAGE 3 blade 100 grain razor tips

I have never had this happen but I have a buddy that uses the 3 blade rage and he shot at a doe that he thought was 40 yards away and it ended up being 55 yards away, so he missed the doe. he said he found his arrow and pulled it out of theground and it was all packed full of dirt so he tapped it on a stump to get the dirt out of it and he said that when he did that, all 3 blades fell out of the broadhead!!! I know about 5 of my hunting buddies use the 2 blade rage and love them. I tried them this past fall but I must have got a bad batch of them or something because the actual broadhead shoots about 8 inches higher than the practice tip they supply with the broadheads. So I switched to G5 and gave the rage heads to my hunting buddy and he is now afraid to shoot the ones I gave him. But besides that I have heard nothing but great things about them.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:43 AM
Fork Horn

I've had success with the two blades.
My brother lost a deer with his 3 blades.
2 Blades for the win! lol
Old 03-31-2009, 03:39 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah, I've shot the 2 blade and 3 blade. I've lost deer with both of them. the 3 blade was my fault hit in the shoulder. The two blade however was a perfect quartering away shot throught both lungs. Had a ton of blood and no deer. Gave the deer a hour. lost the trail about 600 or so yards at the river.