Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Evolved, Biologic, or Other?

Old 03-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default Evolved, Biologic, or Other?

I plan on putting a food plot in this season and would like to know which of these companies have you had the best results with? I know that there are a lot of factors into whether the plot will be good or not. Would you please also state which plant you planted from that company.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:29 PM

Default RE: Evolved, Biologic, or Other?

Forage Ultra was just flat amazing last year I added some milo and sunflower to the same area, but the Forage Soybeans are outstanding.

These pictures was taken in July and I planted this May 4th.

These photoswere taken in September just before the season opened this is 12 feet tallabove and below these beans are taken straight ahead and 6'-0" and higher.

Notice how heave the browse is even this high

http://www.nutri-plotadvantage.com/

These next photo is of my winter plot of Fall Perfect and added Turnips to it and also used their Nutri-Plot Fertilizer and Attrachant because I could cut down on fertizlier and it got so high and need another option

This was planted September 1st Weekend if I remember correctly and the photo is October 10 the deer absolute destroyed it. Matter fact one was in it today still eating.

I have tried everybody's products since 1995 and I will tell you at this time Ihave not I seen nothing better than this. Can't wait to get more end this year.

I have not tried the 3 other but will before it over with.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:12 AM
Typical Buck

All gimmicks, lets put a bunch of different seeds ina bag sell them forthree timesthe price with a picture of a big buck on the front! We will tell them about all the proteinournew and improvedplants have, nevermind that anythingthat hasover 18% protien gets wasted. Besides, if we put 5 different kinds of seeds in the bags, something should come up right? If we fill the bag most of the way up with cheap rye grass seed(that deer dont like)we can make a killing! (I swear I saw a bag of no till something at the walmart that was 80% rye grass! Not the grain, the grass!)

Buy what everseed you wish(dont forget inoculant for clover andpeas, its dirt cheap insurance)from a local ag store with a helpful staffand you will have better results.

Sorry for the rant, but I do feel better.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:34 AM

I agree with Hoss. I had some whitetail institute seed that I paid $10.00 per pound for, and later I found the same seed in bulk at my local farmers marker for 60 cents per pound. I planted both in the same food plot with one kind on one side and the other kind on the other side. I could not tell the difference between the two and the deer liked them both the same.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah they are gimmicks, but most deer hunters don't have the time to become expert plant growers. I know for my dad and me, we have some good land for planting food plots on but we really don't have that much time to plant them. It is nice to be able to buy a bag of seed that is blended for deer hunting. With the few products that we have tried we have had some good success with not that much time and energy spent.

Also horntagger1, that is an impresive plot you got there. My question to you or anyone else knowledgable about food plots is what is the point of having plants that grow that tall when deer only stand about 4 feet tall? There is a lot of browse in that plot that I wouldn't think deer would be able to reach. Maybe I am missing something though.

As to the original question, I personaly have had good success with Tecomate seeds. For the price and the production we get out of them they do the trick. Just my .02 worth anyway.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

we dont use that stuff. the only thing we use is our corn and soybeans we plant for farming. they work just about the same as going out and buying those seeds.