Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 A little hometown braggin from the deer show! >

A little hometown braggin from the deer show!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

A little hometown braggin from the deer show!

Old 03-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default A little hometown braggin from the deer show!

Most of yall have probably never heard of the Dixie Deer Classic. It's in Raleigh NC every year, and it was the first ever show of its kind. They score deer for folks(free), have vendors(I was one this year), kids shoots, archery contests and the whole ball of wax. Your annual local deer show was likely based on this one.

BUT, Now we (my neighborhood) are sort of legends. The best two typical muzzleloading deer in the state were both killed less than 2 miles from my house.

Here is the link:
http://blogs.newsobserver.com/multi/dixie-deer-classic-winners

#5 , a 155 6/8" net typical, was killed less than a half mile from my house on the way to the same powerline that runs across my property muzzleloading week(best NC ML typical). That made me sort of sick/ sort of proud. Randy is a great hunter. I'm not calling him lucky. He pulls this crap off every year!

#9 123 5/8" net typical, was killed about 2 miles from my house by my first cousins(our biologist) girlfriend, Nikki Johns, on the way to one of our foodplots! A nice 11 point, it was her very first deer! She also passed up a very good 8 pt, that my cousin said he would have had a hard time letting walk by. She won best female muzzleloader deer in the state.

Good season up here in Roxboro (3 other winners from my county, just not my block) for most everyone but me. Atleast I have a freezer full of does. They taste better anyway!

Old 03-13-2009, 06:57 AM
Spike

Default RE: A little hometown braggin from the deer show!

I was there as well. Great show! Did you see the "Wild Whitetails" display? Many people said it was the best thing there. Looked good to me.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:37 AM

I used to go every year when I was stationed in Lejeune. I really miss the classic, it was always alot of fun and is one of the best hunting expos I ever been to.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:58 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: dc240nt

I was there as well. Great show! Did you see the "Wild Whitetails" display? Many people said it was the best thing there. Looked good to me.
Yes, that was cool.