Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

deer hunting

Old 02-19-2009, 04:57 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: deer hunting

I shot a yote 2 yrs ago with my 7mm wsm, 140 gr balistic tip; he was about 80 yds away. No need to keep the hide do to the 4 inch hole on the exit wound. Chunks of heart and lung everywhere. Your gun would be overkill to say the least, but if there is no intrest in hides, then all means use it.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

A coyote is small, thin skinned varmint. A huge coyote goes about 50-60#s a small German shepard is about 70lbs so I think you are overestimating a coyotes size. A 7mm rem mag is more than adequate to take down animals 10Xs a coyotes size, way out there.
BTW who makes a 185 grain 7mm bullet? Ive never heard of that, and no reloading manual, I own has load data for a 185 grain 7mm cartridge.

Old 02-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would think that canon would knock down darn near any living thing if bullet hit vitals.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:56 PM

You know what, go blow them coyotes up my friend! Hit em' and let em' lie as nothing will eat them varmints! They are a predator w/ no equal in killing turkey and deer. I hunt them year round. That 7 will make chip shots starting at 250 yards. Scope it big w at least 12 power on the high end and go get em"
Old 02-22-2009, 04:42 PM

A 7MM are you serious what kind of person asks this question??? Can i ask you have you ever hunted before that you dont know what a 7MM is capable of?? I mean honestly grow up!
Old 02-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: blackiceslayer

A 7MM are you serious what kind of person asks this question??? Can i ask you have you ever hunted before that you dont know what a 7MM is capable of?? I mean honestly grow up!
This response is quite rude and uncalled for. It may come as a shock to such a knowledgeable, gun expert as yourself but most folks outside, and even many in, the hunting community, do not know the difference between a 9mm and 3006, and do not now what different caliber are suited for. Its obvious that this person falls into the "newbie" category, so why not try to educate him, like someone did for you once, instead of attacking him for asking a question?
Old 02-23-2009, 02:00 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: DeerandbearhoG

ORIGINAL: blackiceslayer

This response is quite rude and uncalled for. It may come as a shock to such a knowledgeable, gun expert as yourself but most folks outside, and even many in, the hunting community, do not know the difference between a 9mm and 3006, and do not now what different caliber are suited for. Its obvious that this person falls into the "newbie" category, so why not try to educate him, like someone did for you once, instead of attacking him for asking a question?

why not be scared. how do you get a safety certificate if you don't your guns capabilities? and i dont know maybe it was my upbringing, (and maybe blackiceslayer's) i knew the difference between a 30-06 and a 9mm. and im pretty i sure i learned that in gun safety too. people need a good rump chewin once in a while
Old 02-23-2009, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

not gunna lie, i agree with slayer 54. what happens when someone decides to use a .223 for squirrel and the bullet goes 4 miles into a town. sometimes chewing someones ass does more than just a simple answer.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont recall the guy asking about squirrel hunting with a 223 ,so I fail to see the relevance. Why should someone get a butt chewing for asking if a 7mag is enough for hunting coyotes , I hear people asking questions like," is a *enough for "* ,all the time, on every hunting forum on the web. It may sound a bit ignorant to us , but to assume the same person is gonna shoot at houses,people, or up into the trees, is a bit of a jump. When did he even say he was a hunter ,who took hunters saftey ,maybe hes a kid, or a complete novice, who doesnt know anything about guns, is that a crime? I also dont recall a caliber power level disscussion, when I took hunters saftey, all those years ago. Its a basic saftey and regualtions course, not a firearms education class.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

I would think even if you were a complete novice you could just tell by looking at the cartridge it is a little much, they did teach usup here alot about firearmsin firearms safety though.

Quick Reply: deer hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.