Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

next year deer season

Old 01-14-2009, 04:30 AM

Default next year deer season

any one getting plans for next year deer season? i found a spot that we could of been hunting but it is hard to get to cuase of high water! but i got a way there and theres alot of buck sighn cant wait to hunt it

do any of you guys hunt just one spot the whole year?
i know you got to watch the wind! that is my plan next year!
Old 01-14-2009, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: next year deer season

Now is the time (after bow season)to follow trails and sign and see where they lead. You can see better now with the leaves down, should be few if any hunters in the woods and the deer won't be stressed like it was a couple days before season and you decided to do this. You should be able to pinpoint travel routes, bedding areas, feeding areas, and maybe a better set-up for late season next year.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:44 AM

my season is done so im waiting for next year! getting plans going!
hopeing to get a p&y the big buck that i have ever shot was 101inch
the spot i found is got sighn of the big ones!

Old 01-15-2009, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

After the deer season I like to go out and back track to see what they've been up to but between the deep snow and sub zero temps I haven't done it this year.Looks like I'll have to get a pair of snow shoes and try after it warms up some.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yup, me and a buddy are exploring options for a hunting lease for next season. I'm also trying to talk the wife into taking a vacation to The Lodge at Chama in NM for some Bull Elk action.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've been going over topos and aerials non-stop. I'll start scouting while turkey hunting, and won't finish up until the start of bow season.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:50 AM

i agree

Old 01-15-2009, 12:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I got permission on a couple new pieces of land... 40 acres in NY that I shot a doe on the first day scouting last year... 2 nice parcels on 2 sides of a road.
Another 10 acre piece in MA abutting 70 acres posted. Some big bucks out there... gonna get the cameras out there early!

Old 01-15-2009, 01:50 PM

i got a gps because got lost in the woods and found some great spots one in particular so i'll be heading in there and trying to find that spot again this time marking it on the gps and i'll be good to go next year
Old 01-15-2009, 02:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've got 1 new spot picked out already, and will be looking for 1 more spot. Now that the season is over I will GPS all the other spots that other hunters are using! This was my first year on this new property and "Ike" kept me from doing as much scouting as I would have liked to! I plan on knowing this 6500 acres like the back of my hand by next season!

Quick Reply: next year deer season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.