Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

CORN FIELDS (BAITING)

Old 09-30-2005, 08:11 PM

Default CORN FIELDS (BAITING)

YES ITS ILLEGAL TO POUR OUT CORN AND HUNT OVER IT,THING IS I KNOW A CLUB WHO PLANTS SEVERAL 3 TO 5 ACRE CORN FIELDS, THEN THEY BUSH HOG A ROW OR TWOAT A TIME, AND HUNT OVER IT,WORD IS THE GW KNOWS ALSO, BUT SINCE IT WAS GROWN THERE, ITS LEGAL TO HUNT IT.SEEMS LIKE SOME PEOPLE WILL DO WHAT EVER IT TAKES TO GET AROUND THE RULES.WHAT YOUR THOUGHT.THANKS
Old 09-30-2005, 10:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: CORN FIELDS (BAITING)

I'd say that's still baiting , and you can prove it , as they cut down 2 rows at a time and hunt over it, they can't say they are growing it for personal use..

in my opinion artificially growing a corn field is just as much baiting as buying a bag of corn and throwing it out...growing it just takes a bit longer..
Old 10-01-2005, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

in my opinion artificially growing a corn field is just as much baiting as buying a bag of corn and throwing it out...growing it just takes a bit longer..
Ditto.

Old 10-02-2005, 11:34 AM

Hunting over a pile of corn and hunting near a corn (or any kind of crop)field are two very different things. A pile of corn is "bait" and a corn field is a food source. IMHO.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:27 PM
Spike

Hello,
I friend nearwhere I live was almostgiven a citation from the game warden because there was a small pile of corn in the field next to where he was hunting. The corn was spilled when the combine was emtying into a truck. When my friend explained to the game warden that he got there before the sun came up and had no idea the spilled corn was there, the game warden told him if he got a bucket and picked up the corn that he wouldnt ticket him. Needless to say, he got a bucket and moved the corn. In Illinois where I live almost all of the harvested corn fields still contain somecorn that was missed by the combine. Almost every deer I have ever harvested around here have had corn in theirbellies.

Troy
Old 10-02-2005, 03:57 PM

I've hunted state owned land in Illinois where it is illegal to bait but the state made the farmer leasing the ground leave so much of the crop stand for wildlife.[8D]Go figure[&:]Here in MO some of the state ground is done in the same fashion...
Old 10-03-2005, 07:27 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: alwyshntn

I've hunted state owned land in Illinois where it is illegal to bait but the state made the farmer leasing the ground leave so much of the crop stand for wildlife.[8D]Go figure[&:]Here in MO some of the state ground is done in the same fashion...
You've never heard of the Conservation Reserve Program ? You should thank the farmers who participate , they are a large part of the reason that we have game to hunt today .

My state defines a pile of corn that has been intentionally introduced to attract game animalsas bait , the same cut over field it came from is not , even if cobs are laying on the ground . Food plots are legal here , dumping out truckloads of the produce that grew there is not . You can hunt over recently baled hay , but don't spread that hay out if you don't want a ticket . The lawsare measured in degrees , and they frequently don't make sense , but they are there to be obeyed .
Old 10-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Typical Buck

basically you are saying then that anyone who puts in food plots to attract deer are baiting also?
Old 10-03-2005, 03:44 PM
Fork Horn

the difference is that a food plot provides an actual foodsource for much of the year while a small pile of corn is simply an attractant that has no positive impact on the deer's health
Old 10-03-2005, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

the difference is that a food plot provides an actual foodsource for much of the year while a small pile of corn is simply an attractant that has no positive impact on the deer's health

[hr]

I have no problem with baiting deer with corn.
Why do you plant food plots ......To get the deer to come out where you can shoot them , right?
Corn is a cheaper way to get them to come , and you dont have all the work of makeing sure the plot grows like it should.

Quick Reply: CORN FIELDS (BAITING)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.