Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Washington State

Old 01-06-2009, 09:53 PM

Default Washington State

Where are the best area's for deer hunting in WA State, I am in western Washington. It is actually my boyfriend who hunt's deer, but he has not been since moving here from FL, any tips would be well appreciated.

Also, have looked in the pamphlet for hunting rules, is deer hunting season really only like 2 weeks?
Old 01-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Spike

Default RE: Washington State

Eastern Washington is the best. More open, More Deer, Bigger Deer.. And yes it's only like 2 weeks... And if you'll also notice it's well before the rut and even before the pre-rut.. It is damn near the to early to be hunting... It's has been coming the 2nd weekend in Oct. and in Eastern WA it's 3 point or better for mule deer and and White-tail Buck... Around Spokane is better for White-tail's and closer to the mountians for Mulie's... If yourin western WA then look around Ellensberg, Yakima area.. Lots of nice deer come from there every year... Hope that helps...
Old 01-07-2009, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Washington is a tought state to Hunt just because its so WARM during the two week season or actually 10 day season. THe deer just arent moving if you want anychance at harvesting a nice deer there has to be some weather moving in. This was a bad year I didnt get to hunt this year but my dad hunted everyday didnt see a single deer while hunting saw plenty driving in in the morning and out in the evening... he made up for it in michigan though with Two nice bucks.

Hope that helped.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:22 AM

That does help, thank you for the input. That will just be another reason he want's to move back home!

I hope for my sake that the bird hunting is good, that is something I will be starting next season.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Grouse hunting is alot of fun there are alot if you know where to go feel free to give him my email address [email protected]
Old 01-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Where at in Western Wa? I was stationed there and i managed pretty well!
Old 01-07-2009, 04:52 PM

We are on the Kitsap Peninsula.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

There is a ton of opportunities on the olympic Penn.. Good elk hunting too!