Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Box Stand

Old 12-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Spike

Default Box Stand

I'm looking at building a 4'x6' box stand and can find no free plans on the internet. Could someone please help me out. Any pictures, suggestions, or plans themself would help. Thanks.....
Old 12-19-2008, 09:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Box Stand

Bass Pro sells a set of brackets with plans just add lumber. May I suggest instead of noisy hinges and latches using a piece of camo cloth or blanket for the door.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have never used any plans, I just build!!!! I built one this last year and it turned out nice (6X8)...
I started with 4X4 treated post's as my corners and then wrapping 2X6's around the post's at the level I was putting the floor in at... Then wrapped 2X4's at the top and bottom of the window heights, at this point I wrapped with plywood, trimmed it out, built the door, put the tin on the roofand then put some paint on it and seal all the cracks with silicone and spray foam insulation... For the windows I used some plastic rails I found at home depot, screwed these on the outside of the box blind and these became the tracks that the plexiglass windows slide in... Tinted the glass, sealed the gaps in the windows with some door seals and it was finished...
Took the wife and my oldest daughter hunting this year and foundit to be a really comfortable stand thatis quiet, which is a plusconsidering my oldest can't be still or quiet for very long!!!

This is all the pic's I took, I now wishI had taken pic's during the construction phase...

Old 12-20-2008, 11:06 AM
Spike

Thanks for the info. I am probably going to just build as well. But i just wanted to see if there was any additional info out there that would help out.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:20 AM

Here's one I built a couple of years ago. I've since treated the wood on it and it's a great place to hunt, particularly when you have extra people along for the fun. This one is 4'x8'.

Old 12-21-2008, 07:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would have made the top bigger, minimum1 foot overhang,to keep most of the water from coming in the wndows and off the sides.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:51 AM

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

I would have made the top bigger, minimum1 foot overhang,to keep most of the water from coming in the wndows and off the sides.
It now has a tin roof and an overhang. Water does not come in at all. It has turf carpet on the floor, thermometer, comfortable chairs, and the rubbery stuff you use to line cabinet drawers covering most of the windows with only slots cut in them to allow necessary shooting and visibility.