Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 i bait and am not ashamed about it >

i bait and am not ashamed about it

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

i bait and am not ashamed about it

Old 12-10-2008, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default i bait and am not ashamed about it

Baiting isjust a part of stillhunting here. I don't know anyone who hunts in clubs and other private land that doesn't use corn/bait. I don't see why anyone wouldn't bait where it is legal, and i don't understand why some on here have the attitude that baiting is sloppy or almost like it is canned hunting because it isn't. We may stand better odds to concentrate deer to a area, butnot bigger bucks.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: i bait and am not ashamed about it

I tend to agree with you. Hunting with bait is no different than hunting on a food plot.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think it bating is different. There is no logical way that you can say that hunting afood plot is the same as sitting on top of a pile of corn. Food plots take time and work to maintain and grow. Its not just dumping a bag of corn in front of your stand.

But, if baiting was legal here, then I would do it too so don't worry.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is hunting close to a 1000 acre corn field the same as baiting? I've been told many a time that it is....
Old 12-10-2008, 08:12 AM

Bating is perfectly natural and nothing to be ashamed of. I first started bating at about age 12 or 13 and have continued to bate to greater or lesser degrees since then. Have never bated over a corn field or pile of corn but whatever works for you. Bating now for 20 years and have no regrets.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

Hunting an agricultural crop is quite different than walking into the woods to hunt a feeder.

ORIGINAL: Pat Curtis

Is hunting close to a 1000 acre corn field the same as baiting? I've been told many a time that it is....
Old 12-10-2008, 08:22 AM
Fork Horn

Heres another forum on baiting and the effects of baiting. I'm not for or against it. To each their own.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3214888

Old 12-10-2008, 08:22 AM

I would have to say...NO!!

Here in Alabama--where baiting is illegal--you can hunt foodplots which could include standing corn. If the corn is mowed down--by man or machine--it is considered bating. We found this out just before season opener a few years back. We had planted five rows of corn on each side of one of our more productive greenfields. About a week before bow season, one of the guys went out and mowed it down. Luckily out of concern the club president contacted the local GW and met him out on our lease. He informed us that we could not hunt in or around the plot until ten days after the last kernel of corn was gone. The only gray area I have is if the corn was harvested.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's not legal here. I wouldn't do it if it was. But I couldn't care less if someone else practices it, as long as it's legal where they are.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:25 AM
Fork Horn

Bingo!

ORIGINAL: Mossy_71

I would have to say...NO!!

Here in Alabama--where baiting is illegal--you can hunt foodplots which could include standing corn. If the corn is mowed down--by man or machine--it is considered bating. We found this out just before season opener a few years back. We had planted five rows of corn on each side of one of our more productive greenfields. About a week before bow season, one of the guys went out and mowed it down. Luckily out of concern the club president contacted the local GW and met him out on our lease. He informed us that we could not hunt in or around the plot until ten days after the last kernel of corn was gone. The only gray area I have is if the corn was harvested.

Quick Reply: i bait and am not ashamed about it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.