Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Is anyone else having a horrible season? >

Is anyone else having a horrible season?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Is anyone else having a horrible season?

Old 12-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default Is anyone else having a horrible season?

I have only missed 5 hunting days this season, and still only seen 5 deer since september. Please someone let me know that I'm not the only one. I know it's not a competition, but it's depressing when everyone around me has either killed monsters, or tagged out. I've killed a single doe, and have an empty freezer now. I'm using scent control, keeping the wind in my face, baiting (where it's allowed) and trying to stay in the shadows. I just don't get it. If anyone has any tips (besides buck bombs, and attractant scents, because I already use them) that may help me improve my luck the remainder of this horrible season, please let me know.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is anyone else having a horrible season?

ive seen 12 deer the whole deer season. september-december 9th. ive tried pretty much everything and nothings seems to be working.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've had my best season to date. I've killed a 115" 10 point with my muzzleloader, and an adult doe with my bow.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Fork Horn

that's excellent, congratulations. do you have any advice though?
Old 12-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Inactive

I have no idea where you are, but if it's any consolation, hunters all over are complaining about the lack of deer this year. I'm in Ontario, and the land I hunt usually has an abundance of deer. This year two of us hunted for 5 straight days and saw abosilutely no deer. In hay fields where we normally would see30 or 40 deer, this year we saw 2 or 3. Yoour not alone !!

Advice: Hang in there, and keep trying. Sounds like your set up pretty well.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've seen no deer this season.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Spike

I have been out 18 times this season (October 29-December 6) with both bow and shotgun. I have seen a total of 6 deer. 1 doe that I passed up on the first day which was STUPID as I have absolutely no meat. I saw one buck while hunting with my buddy in my 2 person stand, but he couldn't get a shot. I saw 4 doe on the first day of shotgun season, but no shots whatsoever. People around the farm have all killed plenty of deer, including a nice 10 point. Another guy who hunts a tree right next to mine shot a nice 8 pointer the only weekend morning I haven't been out!! and he has killed 2 other doe on the farm. It is getting really really frustrating for me as the season is dwindling down. I will be home for the next 3 weeks after the semester is over, so hopefully I will have some luck... don't feel like you are alone though, I am having one hell of a time.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah! I've had horrible luck! Tagged out with 5 deer the week before Thanksgiving! Now I'm just bored!
Old 12-09-2008, 07:51 PM
Spike

Rustynobles: Where are you hunting? Asthey say....location, location, location. I'm hunting in Richland County, WI where we are actually up in deer harvested this year. You just have to put in the time, sometimes. What I mean is this: For the first 4 days of regular gun season, I saw a total of like 5 deer. But the last 3 days, we saw like 30 deer. It just doesn't make sense sometimes. Sometimes you see deer and sometimes you don't. If you could know the mind of a whitetail deer...you could make alot of money!!!

Take care and hope things change for you!

DeerDad
Old 12-09-2008, 07:55 PM
Typical Buck

I have yet to take a deer this year.
I broke my bow by taking a shot at a buck and it hit the treestand. The arrow flew over his back.

But overall..this is the best season I have ever had so far. I have put more hours, thought, scouting and have seen more deer then ever. I have even seen the biggest buck I have ever seen in the woods, 4 times.

Quick Reply: Is anyone else having a horrible season?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.