Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Have you seen the big one

Old 11-27-2008, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default Have you seen the big one

Have you seen the big one or did you have the luck of killing the big one this year well less talk abought it. Is it a once and a life time BUCK or is it yours porsnal best I would like to hear the story. You have told everyone else to they are tired of hearing about it i will lend you an ear!!!!!!
Old 11-27-2008, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Have you seen the big one

How about a sob story instead? I took my babygirl out opening day of modern rifle,went to stand up,leg was asleep,right ankle buckled backwards and fert a "pop". TG she was with me so she went back,got the car,drove as close as possible. The next day when wife & daughter finally talked me into going in for it to be looked at,turns out was only a bad sprain. So much for this year.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:10 PM
Typical Buck

I have seen the "big" one 3 times this year. The first time I saw him, he did not offer me a good clean shot. His angle was not right for my liking. The second time I saw him, he was about 80 yards up the hill chasing a few doe and never got closer. And the third time I saw him from 100 yards off then he closed in on me to 7 yards away from my tree. As soon as I released the arrow, my cam hit the rail on my treestand causing the arrow to fly above him.

This would be my personal best buck so far and for some a "once in a lifetime" buck. A nice tall 10 point.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

I shot my personal best this year, pic and story is on this forum somewhere, under My 2008 Buck.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:24 PM
Typical Buck

I seen a big 8pter twice during bow season but to far for a bow .Hoping to get a shot during gun but didn't seen him the first three times i was out .But i knew he was still around because he was still rubbing trees and reopening he's scrapes. But i knew my friend needed the meat so i took a small buck instead, he was sad because he knew i wanted that big 8pter ,I told him he needed the meat worse than i need the rack.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:46 AM
Fork Horn

. This was a mystake. Trying to figger out how the system works.
Thanks,
lookingforthebigone
Old 11-28-2008, 10:01 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry I'm new to the website and was trying to find out how it wooks. The biggest deer that I have killed was a wide 8 pointer. I killed it out of Hustonwood in Ohio. Yes that is public land!!! I would like to hunt privet land but it is hard to get landowner permisson in Ohio. They are afread you will shot their livestock. I don't blame them I have heard the stories. I do almost all my hunting in Ohio. I have done some hunting in Kentucky but I think the hunting in Ohio is better. I don't like the way in Kentucky that the only let you kill a buck. I you are there just for the weekend and you can only shot a buck the odds of you going home with notting is increased. I dont like to think that if i buy an out of states tag that the chances of not filling it is better. But I have seen some big deer in Kentucky. The biggest deer that I have seen was a large nontypical. I had drop ties on both sides. It antlers were like a pinetree trunk. They went strait up and the ties came out like the branches on a pinetree. I could not tell you how maney point it had but it was a huge deer.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

How long has it been since you hunted in ky? For quite a few years now,the buck only ruling bit the dust. Since I live in ky,I'll quickly admit I know nothing about their out of state licenses and laws,but for statewide hunting,you CAN legally kill does but ONLY 1 antlered deer(buck). In fact,in zones 1 and 2,there is actually NO limit on does-you can kill as many as you purchase doe tags for. Naturally you have to tag a doe,go back and buy another doe tag,then go back out and harvest it.

ORIGINAL: lookingforthebigone I have done some hunting in Kentucky but I think the hunting in Ohio is better. I don't like the way in Kentucky that the only let you kill a buck. I you are there just for the weekend and you can only shot a buck the odds of you going home with notting is increased. I dont like to think that if i buy an out of states tag that the chances of not filling it is better. But I have seen some big deer in Kentucky.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

It has been a few year but the last we went we were not able to kill does if it has changed like you say I will have to back next year. We only go rifel season. Sorry if I affenend you That just what I thought abought the hunting the last time I wnet I will have to give it another chance. Thanks.
Old 11-28-2008, 11:59 AM
Fork Horn

P.S. Hows the foot. Hope you are filling better and get in wood and kill the big one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.