Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer hunting over rated?

Old 11-24-2008, 08:02 PM
nap

Default Deer hunting over rated?

Do you think that deer hunting is over rated?? I'm starting to because i spent weeks before the season started scouting, putting out cameras, and putting out food for them. Also spent a day out in the tent a couple times to see how they were movin and saw about 10 deer. Then it comes down to opening day of gun season. Don't see one thing! Then you come on this site and see a ton of people but you with a deer. What do you guys think.... Is it over rated?
Old 11-24-2008, 08:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Deer hunting over rated?

Hell no. WAY under-rated.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nope.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:20 PM

It happens to us all, not every season goes as we want it to. One piece of advice that I can offer...after hunting whitetails over the years I have learned LOCATION is a very important part of hunting. If you are not seeing much or not happy with what your seeing..try something different. Go to doors and obtain permission to hunt more property & larger acres.

I hunt 5 different counties and am still knocking on doors for new ground to hunt. To me you have to have enough places to fall back on but you have to dedicate yourself in the better of those areas. Not every area is gonna be a gold mine yr in and yr out.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:24 PM
Fork Horn

Absolutely not. I look forward to deer opener more than any other day of the year. I shot my biggest buck this year, and even if I don't shoot a nice buck, there are a few in our group that do. Can't wait for the opener next year!
Old 11-24-2008, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

hahaha this is good....

Welcome to hunting bud!!

Ive gone 10+ hunts without seeing SQUAT!

Hang in there and put your time in...one day isnt going to do it.

Have fun and hunt hard!

BHB

Ohh btw....its WAAYY underrated
Old 11-24-2008, 08:37 PM
Spike

In my opinion scouting, checking my trail cameras and feeding is half the fun. On opening day in my state I opted to go with friends to public hunting land, giving up the area I had scouted for months and bagged a 10 pt.
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: nap

Do you think that deer hunting is over rated?? I'm starting to because i spent weeks before the season started scouting, putting out cameras, and putting out food for them. Also spent a day out in the tent a couple times to see how they were movin and saw about 10 deer. Then it comes down to opening day of gun season. Don't see one thing! Then you come on this site and see a ton of people but you with a deer. What do you guys think.... Is it over rated?
Theres no way you can be serious, and if you are, your sure asking a biased group of people.

Its always great to shoot a big buck or see lots of deer but thats not always the case. I would love to shoot a monster buck and hope someday I do. The thing I like most about hunting is the time outdoors, spending time with your friends or your family (I got to take my little boy hunting for the first time this year , he is 5 ). Some of the best times I had with my father were spent hunting or shooting, and most of the time we came home empty handed. You cant eat the rack and you cant replace those memories!
Old 11-24-2008, 08:43 PM
nap

What do you look for when you go scouting someone else's land. what makes you want to hunt their property?

Quick Reply: Deer hunting over rated?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.