Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Black Panther seen while deer hunting >

Black Panther seen while deer hunting

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Black Panther seen while deer hunting

Old 11-26-2008, 08:34 AM

Default RE: Black Panther seen while deer hunting

i don no any thing about them but i would stay away lol
Old 11-26-2008, 08:52 AM
Fork Horn

What's not to believe about them?? Infact, my uncle used to see them all the time.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:06 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: EnglishHope

What's not to believe about them?? Infact, my uncle used to see them all the time.
true that. people will believe in UFO's, bigfoot, warewolves and all that crap, but when it comes to a sighting of an animal that you can see at the zoo, OH NO there could be one of them out there. LOL
Old 11-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Fork Horn

I hope im allowed to do this. I dont really know what to think of it. We get a lot of folks down here that say they see these cougars or panthers or whatever anyway check it out at www.listentotheeagle.com
go down to the black panthers in mississippi and click watch it.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:37 PM
Fork Horn

wow, that thing was pretty big...
Old 11-29-2008, 09:42 PM
Fork Horn

yeah could be a fake but i dunno. That website is a guy who does an outdoor show every monday night here in southwest mississippi. they offer 10 grand for a picture of a panther cause everybody claims to see them..
Old 11-30-2008, 03:13 AM

On election day they were intimidating potential Republican voters.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Cbowhunter1

I have actually seen one, whether you believe it or not is regardless cause I know. This happened 2 years ago while hunting panther swamp wma land in yazoo, ms (32,000 acres of protected land).I was going on a morning hunt and so I went to a remote part of the land where no oneever huntedand set up my climber about 400 yards in the woods and climbed up about 30 ft in the tree. About an hour later I heard a couple high pitched screams bout 100 yards off.Next thing u know i see something black moving through woodsreally slow and stealthily. I knew right off the bat it was panther so i raised up my scope and sure enough it was.Itcame within 50 yards of me butnever saw me.
Later that day I talked to a game warden and told him about the sighting and he wanted to know exactly where I saw him so I showed him on the map. I then asked him why it wasn'tacknowledged as an animal in the parkand he said that in order for it to be listed there has to be a"confirmed population" but then went on to say that it is an endangered species and that if anyone kills one in the park then they would beprosecuted under federal law for the killing of an endangered species animal.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:19 PM
Spike

I live in northern WI. My Uncle and I saw a melanistic(black) cougar jump the grade in front of us while grouse hunting about 7yrs ago. Broad daylight less than 75 yds. For sure a BIG cat. DNR's full of the poop no cougars in WI.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

He better play the lottery - seeing things that don't exist.
There has never been a black cougar. They lack the gene that allows it.

Steve

Quick Reply: Black Panther seen while deer hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.