Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Where to hunt and not spend an arm & a leg >

Where to hunt and not spend an arm & a leg

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Where to hunt and not spend an arm & a leg

Old 11-20-2008, 08:19 AM

Default Where to hunt and not spend an arm & a leg

I've been thinking of doing some out of state hunting trips. ( I live in northern Michigan) I was wondering where is the best place to go and not use an outfitter with still having a good chance at a nice buck. I would love to hunt Iowa but I'm not sure if you can get permision on good land. I love to hunt and I feel like I'm a good hunter but big bucks in northern Mi are few and far between mainly because not enough people let the small one grow up. I'm just looking to find some where I could have a good hunt and a chance at a nice deer without braking the bank
Old 11-20-2008, 08:50 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Where to hunt and not spend an arm & a leg

I was wondering the same thing im in Vermont. I would love to go somewere that didnt costme tons of money.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Where to hunt and not spend an arm & a leg

I've been thinking about going to the Milk River in Montana, just some huge deer up there, and its not high fenced either. Only thing holding me back is the price. $4200 for a five-day whitetail hunt, not including airfare and tags and bullets and all that good stuff, throw in a tip for the guide and I'm probably looking at close to roughly$6000. I don't know yet, I'll probably end up doing it just because its always been a dream of mine, but man its gonna hurt the checkbook if I do.