Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How much do you spend? >

How much do you spend?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How much do you spend?

Old 07-14-2003, 04:01 AM

Default How much do you spend?

Went out yesterday to get in some practice and ended up loosing/ruining two arrows. The first one sailed through the trees when I accidently bumped the trigger of my release. The second one hit the wood on the top of my target, burying the broadhead and splitting the shaft. (I dont shoot like this all the time). I was hitting the bulls all week last week.?!
2 arrows x $5 each plus two practice broadheads at $5 each = $20 for 30 seconds of shooting. [:' (]

I just ordered another dozen arrows ($60) and somemore practice broadhead blades (7.99) and somemore broadheads for next season ($29.99).
Man this stuff adds up. How much do ya' ll spend every year?
Im thinking about building me a 20 ft. by 20ft. target. [&:]It will save me more money in the long run.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How much do you spend?

For hunting arrows....not too much. A dozen hunting arrows probably lasts me 4 years.

Now 3-d arrows...probably 6-8 dozen every year.
Old 07-14-2003, 06:03 AM

I try not to buy everything at once. If you buy stuff year round you always seem to have what you need, even if you don' t need it when you buy it. $20 to $30 every now and then, beats $100 plus any day.
Old 07-14-2003, 08:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' m with bubbamoose on this one. I try to spread my purchases out over the year. I will also buy things I need/want off of ebay after hunting season is over. If you know your prices and watch your shipping charges you can get some good deals.
Old 07-14-2003, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I really don' t spend that much. I don' t shoot that much, so I don' t ruin many arrows practicing. Usually an arrow lasts for 2-4 deer. Last seeason however, I had a couple angled shots where the arrow stuck in the opposite shoulder and bent them. I' m not a gadget guy, so my bowhunting budget spreads fairly far.
Old 07-14-2003, 12:32 PM

Usually the only real money I spend on bow hunting is on new products. Arrows normally last me several years. I know when I first started hunting it seemed like I dropping money left and right but now I have finally got it to where I really have everything I need so I try not spend much except for on maintenancing such tuning the ole bow or replacing some fletchings.
Old 07-14-2003, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I' ll plead the fifth on this one!

In fact this entire thread should be set to self destruct in the event that someones spouse would happen to read it
Old 07-14-2003, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

What Bowfanatic said,all kidding aside she lets
me get my toys but it sure can add up fast!!
Old 07-14-2003, 05:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah in fact I don' t spend ANYTHING.........nope, all of my stuff is given to me by friends who have extra and would rather see the stuff put to good use. Yep. Honest.
Old 07-14-2003, 05:37 PM

Way Too Much!!!!! I definity have a problem with this archery stuff. I buy new sights, rests, releases etc every year. Matter of fact I have already bought 3 sights, 2 releases and 3 rests just this year. I always have to try everything but thats what I enjoy about archery and its good for the local pro shops!!

Quick Reply: How much do you spend?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.