Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

This Makes Me Sick.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator

Default This Makes Me Sick.

Every year about this time.
In the rural roads.
Some Sicko So Called Hunter, Dump's their deer carouses.
It is not only sick, But It Looks Bad On Hunters as a Whole.
I understand there is parts left over.
Instead of dumping on the side of the road,
why can't they take it in the woods for the animales to eat.
Or use it for coyote bait.
I was driving home on a rural rd, and right at5 foot from thestop sign.
A Big Black Leaf Bag, Open with deer guts, and fur pouring out, only 1 ft from the road.
It just makes me SICK.

So what does every one else think of these so called hunters?

Thank You

jrbsr

Old 11-19-2008, 07:50 AM

Default RE: This Makes Me Sick.

I hear ya Jr...I cannot stand that either. Down here we have a bunch of little pull off spots on the main interstate that runs through part of our rural town, which have picnic tables and a few trash bins...well every hunting season those trash bins AND picnic areas become deer dumping grounds...It makes me want to vommit. I mean how lazy can one be..they have the energy and time to dump it there, then they should be able to go a few more miles and dump in the woods to feed scavengers, or bury it. LAzy, disrepectful people is what they are...

Here there is also a lot of "hunters" that shoot the deer , cut of the rack and dump the rest..see that a lot on the backroads in the ditches...
People like that should have thier hunting priveldges revoked in my opinion..

This sounds corny, but in my few years of hunting I have more respect for the animal than to dump his remains in such a fashion.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

My big cream dream is to find a dump spot like that, but one where they also included household trash, including junk mail with their address on it[:@]
Old 11-19-2008, 08:00 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: jrbsr

So what does every one else think of these so called hunters?
"You can't fix stupid."

I was asked by a property ownernot to leave the guts in the woods 'cause his dogs drag stuff to the house,so I bagged 'em up. What to do with them? I slipped them in a dumpster behind a restaraunt hoping that it would just blend in with the garbage.

I kept thinking about it and didn't have a good feeling about it. Could make a bad impression for hunters.

Next time I just put the bag in my own trash and felt sorry for the poor garbage collector.

If I'm where I can I will usually take the ribcages to a creek bed somewhere.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:47 AM

Thats just stupid they shouldn hunt if there gonna do that non sense. i either throw guts in the woods or barry it
Old 11-19-2008, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why do people think creek beds are the place to throw carcasses? Just toss them in the woods!! Don't contaminate water with carcasses!
Old 11-19-2008, 09:05 AM
Typical Buck

I dont put them in the creek bed or river bed but i do dump them near by because the amount of traffic from coons, possums, fox, and yotes that use those bottoms. I usually place them 50 to 100yards from the water, and there usually gone with in a few days. If i leave them on some ridge i might come back a month later and see a frozen gut pile.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:09 AM
Spike

Not my intention to offend anyone.

I toss them in there where they're out of sight and I for SURE aint gonna leave in the woods where I'm hunting.
I figure what the coons & coyotesdon't get the turtles will.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

If you have lots of varmints then it doesnt really matter where you dump them, they will get taken care of quick. I can dump a whole wheelbarrow full of coon carcasses or a deer carcass at the corner of my dad's property (only about 200 yards from his house) and it is pretty much gone in a few days because of the coyotes, possums, and buzzards. Of course, given that the ground is pretty soft during much of deer season, I often wonder why people don't just dig a whole. Doesn't take much to cover the guts and portions of the carcass that are left after butchering and quartering.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:39 AM
Typical Buck

Don't like how hunters do that. Leave the guts in the woods for the animals that eat them to eat. I agree: That does look bad on hunters.

Quick Reply: This Makes Me Sick.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.