Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

This Makes Me Sick.

Old 11-19-2008, 09:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: This Makes Me Sick.

Yep, if you are dumping it on other peoples land, then it is worth the effort to dig a hole rather than risk ticking off the landowner.
Old 11-19-2008, 09:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

I know of three or four places that people dump whole deer. One of them is a small creek, they just pull on the wooden bridge and throw the deer in the creek. Game warden says it is almost impossible to catch someone that is doing it.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Has it occurred to anyone, that there are deer carcasses, from road kills, all over the side of every road ,where deer live, anyway? Only the visible ones are ever picked up by the road dept.

I dont think ribcages on the side of the road are pleasant to look at, but miles into the woods, or buring the entire carcass , do you guys really do that?

When a deer dies in the woods naturally, no one burys it, the scavengers eat the flesh,and the mice eat the horns and bones, why should it be any different when I kill it I drag it a little ways in the woods and leave it, and its gone in no time, whats the big deal?
Old 11-19-2008, 12:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Not a big deal unless it is someone else's land and they don't want that. If it is your land or the owner does not mind at all, then dump away. But, otherwise, it might be worth the time to dig a whole to avoid possible problems.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

We had a big problem with dumping dead deer heretwo year ago. Itwas on thefront page of the paper. There was a bunch of guys from the east side of the state that leased a huge amount of land next to us and they shot everything in sight and only cut racks off the bigger bucks.They thru the whole deerout on acounty road where theres no houses in sight between there camp and town.We can kill 3 does a day here but only 2 bucks a season so they would only tag what they was hauling home for the wall. Everything else hit the side of the road. Monday after opening weekend there was 20+ whole deer laying there. Mostly doesbut there was a few 4,6, and small 8 points. We drove by there camp Sunday at lunch and they had a 4 wheeler trailer loaded with does and small bucks. They wasn't even field dressed.When they went thru town Sunday night heading home they had 2good bucks on there trailer and no other deer so we know they did it. They dumped at 2 spots that I know of like that but one was on an access road that we use and they thru about 10 out there off a steep hill. They only leased it one year but they killed a huge amount of the deer. I hunted my place last year and killed one deer. Before them youwould see on average 2-5 deer in the mornings and evenings but not now. Theout of state guys are morerespectful here than the in state yahoo's that lease land on the other side of the state just to drink and kill everything that moves.I wish the state would break up into areas and make you hunt within your area like the county you live in and surrounding counties or something like that. That way they woundn't do that mess if they couldn't get away from it and new they would have to hunt there for years to come or atleast close. Sorry about the long ranting but that still makes me made just thinking about it.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

Yes, that does make me sick! I hunt on public hunting ground and last year someone dumped the remains right on the edge of the parking area. Could of least walked 50 ft in the woods to dispose of it.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's Just Wrong.[:'(]
Old 11-19-2008, 11:22 PM
Typical Buck

I know the feeling. One of the backroads I sometimes take into work somebody dumped a garbage bag full of deer guts, hide, etc. on the side of the road. They take the time to clean the whole deer and find a "convenient" spot to dump it. Looks horrible on all hunters. Luckily this is just a side road but it still makes me furious!
Old 11-20-2008, 12:03 AM
Fork Horn

I always bring my deer home and process them. Then throw the carcass in the garbage. I dont see any problem with that at all. Gut pile stays in the woods. Doesnt affect my hunting at all.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:57 PM
Fork Horn

Last year someone dumped their deer hides and bones in our dumpster at our cabin along with their junkmail and other asorted garbage so we knew were their place was so we took i back to their cabin and threw it on their front steps with a note that we had contacted the proper authorities the next day we went out hunting and low and behold when we came back they had thrown it in our driveway with a note that said if you dont want us using your dumpster get rid of it and dont call the police or else needless to say we contacted the police and the DNR with no help because the hunters were from illinois. But on a high note the Dnr has already contacted us abou t the people that did this and they are going to try to get ahold of them this year as they have found out that they rent that cabin for hunting season every year cant wwait to see what happens.

Quick Reply: This Makes Me Sick.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.