Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

WHO ELSE SAYS A PRAYER?

Old 04-01-2003, 08:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default WHO ELSE SAYS A PRAYER?

I have always said a prayer to give thanks for an animals sacrifice and thank our good Lord for the harvest. I don' t know why, maybe it was the passing of my Dad, but in the last few years, I have really felt close to him , the great outdoors and God while I pray with/over the harvest.

It feels great and I am not ashamed to say tears have run down this man' s face, more than once. I also pray when there is no harvest, just to thank God for being alive and able to enjoy the great outdoors.

I have told my family if anything should ever happen to me, to not let me die in a hospital bed if possible. I wouldn' t want my last sights to be inside, under artificial fluoresent lights. (By the way fluoresent lights are quite bad for your health, both phyically and mentally) I want my last living experience to be with the things I love most, the great outdoors, God' s wonderful wild creatures and most of all THE WONDERFUL FAMILY He has blessed me with!

My question is WHO ELSE SAYS A PRAYER OF THANKS AFTER A SUCCESSFUL HUNT? And, if you don' t mind, would you share a little bit of your favorite prayers? I am trying to find a very simple yet pointed prayer to start my own boys out with.

Much thanks to any and all who reply!

GOD BLESS OUR BRAVE FIGHTING MEN AND WOMEN!

Uncle Matt (in Illinois)

Old 04-01-2003, 08:41 AM

Default RE: WHO ELSE SAYS A PRAYER?

I always Thank the LORD for letting me have one of HIS most awesome animals in HIS entire creation.The LORD really created a most magnificant animal when he created a majestic buck deer with his polished antlers and graceful while powerful yet ghostlike movement thru the woods.I never take one lightly and remember GOD don' t just own the cattle of a thousand hills,HE owns the deer too.I' m thankful for every year I get to hunt and walk in the beautiful outdoors,for GOD walks these hills with me.

woods
Old 04-01-2003, 09:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

I often thank my Lord after a successful hunt. Some of my closest times with God have been sitting quietly in a deer stand.
I remember well my best deer, a large 9 point that hangs proudly in my den. I had just sat in my tree climber, rocking back and forth because of a strong wind. The clouds were giving way to a beautiful afternoon but I didn' t figure I' d see anything because of the wind. Though I had only been there a few minutes, I began to think I was wasting my time. Instead of leaving, I started to pray, thanking Jesus for just the priviledge of being in His wonderful woods. I felt His presence as strong as I have ever felt in any worship service. After I finished my prayer, I looked down and standing there was my 9 point, standing broad side at 20 yards!
It reminds me of the time Abraham went to sacrifice Isaac and the Lord provided a ram! We serve an awesome God!
Old 04-01-2003, 12:20 PM

You know it does my heart good to see Christian men not affraid to voice their faith in our Lord. I too pray over my harvest, be it small game or big game. After all God created them all. I pray to the lord daily thanking him and praising him for all that he does. I have spent many hours over the years, while hunting, since I gave my life to Christ, thanking God for his natural creations.

As for a particular prayer, I don' t have one. I pray for each harvest as it comes, the circumstances surounding the harvest, the hunt itself and what ever else comes to mind when I' m in prayer.

Old 04-01-2003, 12:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Though I do not consider myself a religious person I did start thanking " the Big Guy" after each harvest. Lets just say that I am covering all my bases.
Old 04-01-2003, 03:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I too pray when I get an animal. God created that animal and raised it, fed it, and kept it safe. And I give thanks when he chooses me to be the one that takes that animal.
Old 04-01-2003, 05:20 PM

Yes, I have prayed many times on stand while hunting. I often feel closer to God while in the woods and watching the sunrise on a frosty fall morning. The beauty God has given us on those mornings are special times for me. I feel I am in the presence of the Lords most cherished cathedral. Kinda makes me feel sorry for
those who do not hunt and are missing out in Gods splendor.

No special prayer, I just reflect on my feelings and needs at the time.
Old 04-02-2003, 03:01 PM

i too thank the good Lord for His provisions for me. this past year i shot a small buck in the rain and while i was waiting for my favorite hunting buddy (my dad) to get the truck i sat down on the ground beside the deer and thanked my Lord for His goodness. It is a blessing just to be out in the woods and to be able to hunt with my dad anytime we get something is just an added blessing. anyway sitting in the rain that day was a feeling that i will never forget as the rain ran down my face i realized just how fortunate i really am. My God is a loving, powerful, and a gracious God!
Old 04-02-2003, 04:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I also say thank you after harvesting the most beautiful animal in the woods.
Old 04-02-2003, 06:33 PM

i say a prayer before i head into the woods for luck and for the deer i will shoot and i say one in my blind. for anything i hunt for turkeys, deer, small game.

slayer

Quick Reply: WHO ELSE SAYS A PRAYER?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.