Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Got the GO AHEAD from CFO!!!! Any Suggestions >

Got the GO AHEAD from CFO!!!! Any Suggestions

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Got the GO AHEAD from CFO!!!! Any Suggestions

Old 11-15-2008, 06:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Got the GO AHEAD from CFO!!!! Any Suggestions

My next alug gun will be a Thompson encore or pro hunter with rifled barrel. I might go 20 gauge too.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Got the GO AHEAD from CFO!!!! Any Suggestions

I don't have the saddle mount on mine. I have a Weaver (say S3 on it) it mounts to the pins on one side.

You can still use the rifled sites on the barrel. Which comes in handy in the thick stuff close up. I shoot 3 inch groups at 100 yards with mine. The scope has a diamond around the cross hairs so you can site it in and use it as different ranges if you want. Basicaly longest range at the bottom of the diamond.

I think the red dot isn't a good choice for a shotgun unless your shooting at moving targets it may be easier to pick up a moving target with red dot. I prefer a regular scope though. They work for sure.