Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Opening Morning

Old 11-11-2008, 10:36 AM

Default Opening Morning

Ok, so for most of you people I already now what you are gonna say... your gonna say that's state land... But here is the story so last Saturday November 8th was rifle opener... I got to my stand early in the morning about 5:30 still dark doesn't get light till around 6:30... and I am hunting on the corner of private land that borders up to state land... and I now everyone has the right to hunt state land... but a lil bit after a get to my stand I here walking and see flash lights coming throught the woods and so I take my flash light out and turn it on so who ever it is knows im there.... well they see my light cuz they flash me with there light. Then start walking away from me so I thought ok thats good they now that I am here so they will give me space. But NO when it gets light enough to see there are 2 people one of them 50 yrds to the north of me, and the other about 80yrds to the east of me... so I cant shoot to the north and to the east... without them having a hissy fit... and its not safe anyways... so around 7:00 I see a doe to the east of me but can't shoot it due to the guy to the east so he shoots it... then right away runs... and I mean Runs to the guy to the north of me and so the other guys run to him also... then they both stop and look at me... so I stare back not believeing what is happening... so I point for them to leave so they start moving then stop and stare at me for some time... by this time I am getting very mad... so then after a while they start walking around in circles for an hour around ME!!! then they go away by this time its around 8:30... and so I dont seee anyone for about an hour thinking ok there gone they got there deer... now they will leave me alone... but no another guy shows up and does the exact same THING... ugh... so I dont see anything more the whole day... So I go back sunday and dont see anyone so around 10:00 I see a guy coming and see's me and walks 10 yrds from me and stares at me agin... and so I tell him off pretty good... and he doesn't say anything takes a couple more steps and stops and stares at me agin so I say "are you f***ing lost... then he goes away and starts doing a circle around me... and he starts going on to OUR private land so I get out of the stand and confront him as he is walking on OUR land.. and YELL at him to get off our land!!! and My dad yelled at this same guy last year and the year before to get the hell off and stay off... so he walks past me with a ****y grin on his face... and so I start going back to my stand and he starts walking into our property agin so this time I REALLY give him hell... so then he goes away... and doesn't bother me anymore... Im sorry I sound whinny? but I just don't now what to do... im just venting... but how can people have the nerve to DO THIS... i just DONT get it.... Don't some hunters have any respect for one another...? anymore?
Old 11-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Opening Morning

RUDE PEOPLE
Old 11-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Spike

Not much you can do when they are on state land but once he sets foot on your property you should be able to get him arrested for trespassing.

State laws regarding hunting and trespassing:
http://realestate.findlaw.com/trespassing/select-state-laws-on-trespassing.html
Old 11-11-2008, 12:40 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: ChicagoTRS

Not much you can do when they are on state land but once he sets foot on your property you should be able to get him arrested for trespassing.

State laws regarding hunting and trespassing:
http://realestate.findlaw.com/trespassing/select-state-laws-on-trespassing.html
X2. On a related note, I was scouting an 80 acrepiece of land on the family farm and I noticed an ATV trail running through an osage orange grove that seperates our property and a neighboors piece of property. Well my uncle and I put up several strands of barbed wire and layed some logs on it so that they can see it and not hurt themselves by running into it. I wonder if I'll find in pieces this weekend while hunting.....
Old 11-11-2008, 01:15 PM

yup... Thanks for your time.... IDK if he is there agin this weekend there are gonna be some problems...
Old 11-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Fork Horn

WOW i would have definatly left the area when u shined the flash light at me...Last year we were gun huntign in a woods and the owners showed up and sat int here stands so you know what we did... we got out of the woods its their property u ahv to b repectful or u wont b able to hunt any where its just the way it is..i cnat believe it
Old 11-11-2008, 02:14 PM

ORIGINAL: PutnamHonigford

WOW i would have definatly left the area when u shined the flash light at me...Last year we were gun huntign in a woods and the owners showed up and sat int here stands so you know what we did... we got out of the woods its their property u ahv to b repectful or u wont b able to hunt any where its just the way it is..i cnat believe it
Yeah... I coudn't believe it... How some people can have the nerve to do that...

Old 11-11-2008, 03:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

You did the right thing. If you see him again next time on your land, report him to the police.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Typical Buck

There's some guys out there that will keep walking on your land if they know all your going to do is hell at them .That's when you have to get game warden involved, and you will have to prosecute.Then the word will get out that you mean what you say . Oh and buy the way if you keep calling your locale g.w.and you don't want to prosecute , the next time they get a call from you they won't respond because there not out there to baby sit your woods for you or run somone off your land trust me i know i have a friend who is a g.w ant that's what he told me.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Fork Horn

yeha u definatly did the right hing but i meen seriously u hav to respect other peoples land..no questions about it

Quick Reply: Opening Morning

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.