Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 1shotkill's hunting diary (pics added) >

1shotkill's hunting diary (pics added)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

1shotkill's hunting diary (pics added)

Old 11-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: MY LITTLE DIARY

Friday 11/14/08

Went out for the afternoon hunt. Extremely slow. The only thing I saw was a doe fawn. I only heard about 5 shots. Nothing was really moving.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saturday 11/15/08

I was extremely excited about Saturday. Opening day of rifle has been good to me last couple of years.
I get up about 5:15 and get in my stand at 5:50. It’s just sprinkling when I get out of the truck. I get in my stand, and it starts just dumping rain. I have never been outside when it has been raining this hard before. I couldn’t see but maybe 40 yards in front of me. To keep my head dry, I put my head down on the shooting rail. This was probably a bad idea because I ended up falling asleep.
I wake up at 8:00 and am really mad at myself because who knows what came by my stand. But anyways I didn’t see anything that morning although I may have if I had not fallen asleep.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Monday 11/17/08

My dad went hunting this morning. Perfect weather, so we thought again, he didn’t see a single thing. He decided to pick me up from school and go huntin. We get in the stands about 3:30 and as soon as I sit down, I look into the secluded field to my left, and there is a doe feeding. The thing must have been there while I was walking through the woods and climbing up the stand. But it did not move.
It left the field about 3:50. Nothing was really moving again… Then all of a sudden all of the squirrels in the woods start screaming randomly. I know somethins up so I turn around and I see a red fox running around. I have always wanted to kill one of these animals (I think it would make an awesome mount with a rabbit in its mouth) so I get my gun up and ready. It runs to the far end of the secluded field where I cannot see it anymore. I am upset thinking that I wont see it again. Next thing I know here it comes again back at me chasing two rabbits around. The only time the fox stopped was behind some brush where I could no longer see it. I didn’t get a shot.
Pretty slow day. I think I am going a lot this week after school. I am really looking forward to the week of Thanksgiving. We are going to the 1600 acre farm in Amherst for 3 days. I cant wait!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL
Old 11-18-2008, 05:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

This is a great read, keep em coming.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck to ya, thats a lot of ground
Old 11-18-2008, 09:03 AM
Typical Buck

nice buck one shot... might only be a four point... but hey a buck is a buck in my buck
Old 11-18-2008, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

Our hunt here in ontario was real warm 1st wk of Nov we stopped hunting after 2pm why if we had to look for a downed deer we give em time depends on how much blood we find at the shot site.Then it could take any ware from 20 min to get to the truck then 20 min or less to get back to the deer as we don,t have a quad. We park the truck in 1 spot and don,t drive all over the farmers property we stay on the path he uses. And the local butcher close,s at 4:30 so he can catch up on the days drop offs and clean up and maybe get out himself for deer.So if you want to pass a crip so the meat won,t spoil thats your choice pack the the cavity with ice and cover with a tarp if worried about spoilage .Good luck All