Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Your Traditions?

Old 11-09-2008, 07:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default Your Traditions?

Since we are all hunters...most of us have superstitions, curious as to what y'all do....personally...on opening day I have a ritual I go through. Also, for 10 years now I grow out a full beard....I wear the same clothes on opening day....same insulated underwear, even though my wife bought me new ones...same hunting jacket that is over 50 years old...was originally my fathers....and many more...anyways

what do you guys do?
Old 11-09-2008, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your Traditions?

nothing really, just wake up and hunt.

although i do pick out one hat and wear it all season long, everytime i go hunting. then the next season i pick a different one.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Afterwardspeople here (traditionally)would go to their local pub and have a wee dram and celebrate the hunt.

Alot wear traditional hunting clothing (kilts, tweed jackets, hats with a pheasant feather ontop) but that is mostly outfitters that will do that for tourists coming for trophy hunts to make it more "traditional" like it was done here for thousands of years.

You will find the majority wear camo.

I can'r really think of anything else but im sure people have their own rituals.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

No traditions for me. I just get out and hunt.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:57 AM
Dominant Buck

I always eat Italian food on the Friday night before the season starts. Saturday night is usually deer, elk or caribou...depends on what I have in the freezer.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:41 AM
Fork Horn

wake up at 4 am and eat captain crunch(peanut butter) while watching reruns of seinfeld, waiting for my dad to get up and i'm already packed suited up and ready to go but he's still in underwear.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

i always put camo face paint on and eat a pop tart and some trident gum
Old 11-09-2008, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

Usually at least for the past 15 years, I get potatoes and sausage cooked the night before. We usually have a shot of schnapps and a beer and draw names for what blind you are going to hunt. Opening morning I get up start coffee and breakfast -eggs, potatoes, sausage and toast. Then we are out from dawn to dark.
Old 11-09-2008, 03:11 PM

the only tradition I have is to go out on the weekend after Thanksgiving for a camping/hunting trip at Three Rivers WMA. We usually leave out on Thursday after having dinner then hunti till Saturday evening or Sunday depending on how things go

Old 11-09-2008, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: rcgerchow

Usually at least for the past 15 years, I get potatoes and sausage cooked the night before. We usually have a shot of schnapps and a beer and draw names for what blind you are going to hunt. Opening morning I get up start coffee and breakfast -eggs, potatoes, sausage and toast. Then we are out from dawn to dark.

sounds like a good tradition...good luck!!! Fellow stonington hunter

Quick Reply: Your Traditions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.