Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Too many HNI visitors?

Old 03-27-2003, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Too many HNI visitors?

Anybody else besides me tired of seeing these posts? I never even view them, since they are anonomously submitted and put up by the moderators. If someone wants to ask a question, let them register and do it themselves. I don' t think we need additional ideas to discuss. We do ok on our own, thank you.

Maybe others don' t mind, if not, power to you, but I won' t reply to these posts.
Old 03-27-2003, 11:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Too many HNI visitors?

I never figured out how they were able to ask the question if they don' t have access to the net, but I don' t mind them. Sometimes they ask good questions and get an interesting thread going, and then there are times they make me look smart.
Old 03-27-2003, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I first started reading this forum I wasn' t sure if I wanted to join . I just read because I wanted to learn more about it and the people associated with it . So I can understand someone wanting to ask a question just to see how he is recieved . To me as long as a person is interested enough to ask a question ,maybe we can make them feel welcome enough to become a member . Halcon
Old 03-27-2003, 12:47 PM
Super Moderator

Txhunter58,

These questions are posted by Hunting Net Administration:

These are questions that people have sent Hunting Net by e-mail. We post them here so you can help answer their questions.
We have many members here, that were at one point in time " HNI Visitors" . They finally joined because they liked what they were reading, in addition to all of the great advice, comments and tips that you folks posted in reply to their questions.

Some folks are leary of jumping in with both feet....and, its okay to test the waters here. This outlet gives them an opportunity to do just that. In addition, it gives us the chance to help fellow hunters. Many perhaps either new to hunting, or thinking about it. Just a thought......

Old 03-27-2003, 01:28 PM

I don' t mind, what' s in a name, Who cares if it says HNI or joe-bob-sue. A question is a question. Like other people have said maybe the person is testing the water before they dive in
Old 03-27-2003, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anybody else besides me tired of seeing these posts? I never even view them, since they are anonomously submitted and put up by the moderators. If someone wants to ask a question, let them register and do it themselves. I don' t think we need additional ideas to discuss. We do ok on our own, thank you.

So basically you dont want to help other hunters UNLESS they sign up with this sight? What ever happened to helping your fellow hunters?
Old 03-27-2003, 03:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don' t mind them! Some of the questions I would of posted myself!!!
Old 03-27-2003, 04:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

GET OVER IT.

It' s just a question. If you don' t want to answer it then don' t, but why make such a big deal about it. Some of them could be young kids trying to learn about hunting and everything that goes with it and want " EXPERTS" advise... and then they read your post and think the rest of us could care less like yourself. We really need to help other hunters as much as we can even if they aren' t " members" .
Old 03-27-2003, 04:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Some of them might be youngsters who are shy or can' t join because a parent might not have the same enthusiasm or interest in hunting as the youngster. Lets not be Selfish they deserve the same consideration as the rest of us. I for one enjoy reading their posts,most are more informative and interesting than this thread.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

The more the merrier. I' ve seen a number of good discussions started by one of the HNI questions. Some may be posting at a job or library where they can' t sign up as a member.

Quick Reply: Too many HNI visitors?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.