Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How Many Deer Have You Harvested? >

How Many Deer Have You Harvested?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How Many Deer Have You Harvested?

Old 10-29-2008, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How Many Deer Have You Harvested?

5 in 4 years
Old 10-29-2008, 09:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Somewhere around 175, but in the last couple of years I have spent my time trying to get my two grandsons lined up to shoot a few.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not exactly sure, but its over to 150. In my shop I have over 100 sets of horns from bucks that i have shot. I have been deer hunting for 30 years. I hunt Arkansas and Ohio every year and sometimes in MO.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I quit counting a long time ago. I have harvested a lot of does. I am guessing in the 18 years I have been hunting I have probably taken around 50. Most years I harvest 2-3. I harvested 3 antlerless this year so far, thanks to a (4) day heard control hunt here in Wisconsin. I hope to take a buck with the bow yet and one with the rifle during firearm season, I might put one more doe in the freezer too by the end of the season.We don't see the point in buying beef when you have venison.It's already been a good year for me.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:08 PM

Well I'm only 26 and have hunted for 12 years in Missouri. The state changed from drawing a "bonus" doe tag many years ago to everyone getting an automatic doe tag when they get their "any deer" tag. Now you can buy as many doe tags as your heart desires for like $7 a pop. We eat everything we harvest and give some away. I'd say that I've harvested between 40 to 50 deer since I started hunting. Oh, and Missouri also has a "bonus" antlerless only weekend in certain counties every year to help control the population.
Old 10-29-2008, 11:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been hunting for 11 years, and I've taken about 50-60 deer. It's hard to tell for sure, as it was rare for me to take a picture of one in years past, and I can only find so many of my past deer tags. Last I counted it was in the 50's, but some of those were mule deer too.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

11 total in 9 years. 2 does 9 bucks (1 with bow). I would kill more if the stupid DNR would let me...idiots...[:'(]
Old 10-30-2008, 05:46 AM
Typical Buck

Not sure about how many, lost count (actually i never really kept count).

Last year i killed 6 does and 2 bucks. I killed most with a bow and the rest with my rifle.

i do remember the most i have ever shot in a season was 15 deer, we were taking out a lot of does trying to get the buck to doe ratio better.

another thing that helps is the county i live you can hunt from sept to march.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have killed 20 bucks and6 does in 5 years. My brother has been hunting steady since he was 12 and has killed near80 in 12 years. My dad said he last lost count at 151 over 12 years ago, so i would guess he isover the 200 mark now, although his numbers went way down yearlywhen he started trophy hunting. Most older hunters i know in my county have at least a 100 under their belts.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:47 AM
Fork Horn

Im 15 and this is my fourth year and i have harvested 6 deer, 3 with crossbow, 2 with gun, 1 with compound

Quick Reply: How Many Deer Have You Harvested?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.