Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Hard decision about deer season and my second love >

Hard decision about deer season and my second love

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hard decision about deer season and my second love

Old 10-29-2008, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hard decision about deer season and my second love

You can deer hunt your entire life, right up to the time you leave this earth. However, you can only play so many football games. Play as long and as hard as you can, because when it is over, it is over forever. I would gladly trade my best year of bowhunting for one more season on the football field.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:55 PM
Fork Horn

man you have to go as hard as you can for as long as you can for the team cause if you dont ull look bak and say man i wish i would have choosen to play ...... finish it out no reason to quit a the end of season
Old 10-29-2008, 09:26 PM
Fork Horn

This portion of your life is all too short, suit up. As others have said you will miss it terribly and it will never come back. I strapped up for the last time 11yrs. ago and it still kills me.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:30 PM
Typical Buck

Play football. This could be your last game ever, and like other guys on here said, you got the rest of your life to hunt. Unless you'd go to college to play orpro, you don't have much time left to play football. I'm as big of a hunter as your going to find, but I still made to to play basketball, go to football games, etc. Right now, football is more important.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:33 PM
Typical Buck

I agree with everyone on here. I'd do anything to go back to the state championship gamewe won in basketball just to start and play that whole game one more time. We won 39-27, it was a hard fought defensive battle, but we played a little better defense.I'm only 20 and it seems just like yesterday we were winning that game, and it didn't happen all that long ago.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:35 PM
Typical Buck

you can hunt the rest of your life and you may only have one more football game plus all of your team is counting on you. Go to the game you will not be sorry
Old 10-30-2008, 01:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Why are you in football?! Cross country is where its at![:'(]I do however agree that you should play in the game and any others that you get to play in. I got jipped out of my senior year in wrestling due to injuries and illness and I miss it terribly.[>:]
Old 10-30-2008, 02:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: underdawg

I'd give my left nut to be able to put the pads on one more time. The deer will be there, dude. Enjoy this experience while you can.

Agree 100%!!!!
Old 10-30-2008, 05:59 AM
Typical Buck

Look I played football and Rugby in College at school no where near good deer hunting, desert mulies and black tails were the only thing even close and even that was a drive.

But if i were you i would play ball. The 5 yearsi was able to be apart a larger program were great, sure there were upsand downs and politcal bs you have to put up with but when you lookback its all worth it. Im 27 now andi still wish i had gone farther, and not suffered all the injuries, but its beyond worth it. And the college that doesnt have your major is a cop out. Your 17 or 18, you really dont know exactly what your majoris going to be for sureuntil your 20. Take gen ed classes, you have to take them anyway, mid as well take them andget them out of the way play football and figure out later if what you think you want to do is actually what you want to do. I wanted to be anoceanographer, and trust me i changed that!! went intl business with a basisin national security.

If you have a school looking at you to play ball in college, dont be a fool go and play, trust me deer hunting will be there and if you dont make a bowl game you have the whole month of december off to hunt, thats what i did every december.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:24 AM
Fork Horn

I graduated high school in 1996 and went on to play 4 years of college football. During those years of playing I always thought I would rather be hunting. I was raised in the woods and on the water and sports started to interfere as I got older. As I look back on it now, I wouldnt change anything about it. I was always told that I would have the rest of my life to hunt and fish. Well, they were right. Now, as a school guidance counselor, football coach and avid outdoorsman, I get in the woods when I can and make the best of every trip out. All I can tell you is to take everyones advice from this board. Play your heart out and take advantage of this oppurtunity. There are too many people out there that wish they could take one more snap or play one more quarter for you to waste yours away. Good luck this week and have a great time on that field. Play every play like it's your last because you just dont ever know when it will all end!!!

Quick Reply: Hard decision about deer season and my second love

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.