Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone help please.

Old 10-25-2008, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone help please.

I am from north arkansas.I hunt on the edge of a open field and woods anyone from north arkansas where are you seing deer.Keep in mind I can't goto far back in the woods(we dont own but 50 or 60 yrds. into the woods)
Old 10-26-2008, 08:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Anyone help please.

I'm guessing it is an agriculture field that the deer are feeding in? Walk the edge of the field on your property and see if you can find the trails the deer are using to enter the field. Put up a ladder stand as far away from the main trails as you can see them and only hunt the stand when the wind is in your favor. You might have to move the stand a time or two till you get it right.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

I'm guessing it is an agriculture field that the deer are feeding in? Walk the edge of the field on your property and see if you can find the trails the deer are using to enter the field. Put up a ladder stand as far away from the main trails as you can see them and only hunt the stand when the wind is in your favor. You might have to move the stand a time or two till you get it right.
x2
Old 10-26-2008, 09:36 AM

you could be spoking the deer coming in or out!
Old 10-26-2008, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

well the guy that owns the land i aint sure if he would go for a stand...plus it is in the middle of nowhere i couldnt cary a stand that far back it is about 1/2 a mile or more.i think the deer are staying back in the woods on a food source but if so they are way in the woods to far for me to go....ill keep trying..

also good news this weekend is arkansas youth season!!!!1st weekend in november how is that for a good youth season?
Old 10-26-2008, 09:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

You can get a lightweight aluminum ladder stand at Wal Mart for about $70 you could drag to the area. There is no damage to the tree if you put it up right , so I don't know why he would object.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

ok i might ask but i aint really worried now...guess y....Arkansas youth season starts this weekend!!!!YES!!!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 07:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

ORIGINAL: timbercruiser

x2
X3

Old 10-28-2008, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

KuK
I live in north Arkansas and hunt in the ozarks. I hunted all week of the muzzleloader season. Most of the deer that i saw was in the woods feeding on acorns. White oaks are every where this year. I didnt see any large bucks, but saw lots of small ones and I ended up taking a 15 inch 8 pt nothing big, but a nice eating deer. Where in north arkansas do you hunt?

Old 10-28-2008, 09:29 PM
Fork Horn

also in north arkansas... early mornings and late evenings i've seen small bucks and does in fields. late mornings and afternoons they are in the woodsfeeding on acorns or down for the day. have you not done any scouting?

last weekend i had a fork horn come into the field at 7:15 and bed down behind some bushes about 60yds in front of me, there isn't really no tellin' what their gonna do. you just gotta be at the right place at the right time!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.