Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Going to the bathroom...

Old 10-23-2008, 05:59 AM

Default Going to the bathroom...

Hey guys,

This is probably a stupid question...but I just have to ask it. Just curious what you guys do when your a mile into a hunt....or up in your stand and you just can't hold it anymore? I'm sure a lot of guys just let it go. But it seems to me when you go through the effort to be scent free....pissing or ****ting would really screw up an area. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Eric[/align]
Old 10-23-2008, 06:41 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Going to the bathroom...

I have a large bottle that I do #1 in and put it in my pack when done. the key is a large opening, that way you dont run the risk of getting it on the bottle or your hands/gloves. i also try not to drink anything on stand or before I leave camp that will force me to do that while there. As for #2, *knock on wood*, I've never had to do that on stand. I've gone all day on stand, from sun up to sun down and only had to do #1 only once during that time. There has been an occasion or two where I've had to go twice in a sitting. I use a large OJ bottle, cant remember the name of it, but its Pure something, its 64 oz and they have Apple Juice, Grapefruit Juice, etc has a big cap on it and holds alot if need be.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I say let her fly. Humans don't produce pheromones. I believe deer cannot pick up human odor on human urine. They may know it was a meat eater that produced the urine, but it stops there. I feel it does not spook deer. I have done some non-scientific testing by relieving myself in a known spot out in a field in front of my stand before the hunt. I watched for deer reaction. There was no reaction.

Granted if you can keep from doing it you're better off, but I don't hold it and don't bottle it anymore.

Just my $0.02

Bob R.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:04 AM
Typical Buck

I piss out of the stand. I have done that and had a buck walk within 10 feet of the stand 30 minutes later. It doesn't bother them. Taking a dump is another matter. I'll just hold it until I climb down, move away from the stand and dig a cat hole. I keep a folding shovel and toilet paper in my truck for just this eventuality.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:08 AM
Typical Buck

Let er fly. urine is urine..
Old 10-23-2008, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

This topic comes up a decent amount. Im all for peeing in the woods, but others think different.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2401150&mpage=1&key=piss&#24 01150
Old 10-23-2008, 09:15 AM
Typical Buck

I've peed in scrapes, I've taken a dump under my stand. I've never seen a deer turn tail and run b/c of either. I've actually seen deer come up and smell it out of curiousity. The only way a deer is going to associate #1 or #2 with you is if they see you doing it.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: louddrummer69

I've peed in scrapes, I've taken a dump under my stand. I've never seen a deer turn tail and run b/c of either. I've actually seen deer come up and smell it out of curiousity. The only way a deer is going to associate #1 or #2 with you is if they see you doing it.
Watch your step in the dark..LOL
Old 10-23-2008, 11:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

pee doesnt bother deer, make a mock scrape and pee in it, cover it up slightly with leaves and come back to it a day or two later youll see it was freshend.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Crap smells like crap and pee smells like pee. THe critters have it around them all day so they are used to it. You put out buck pee right? The deer smell the same stuff in it you have in yours testosterone.

Quick Reply: Going to the bathroom...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.