Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Does Scent-Lok Really Work???

Old 10-12-2008, 05:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default Does Scent-Lok Really Work???

Just wondering what your guys' take is on the whole "Scent-Lok" technology. It's pretty high priced, but I was considering investing in the BaseSlayers but wanted to see what you guys thought first...
Old 10-12-2008, 07:36 PM

Default RE: Does Scent-Lok Really Work???

Do a search for scent-lok. You will find every opinion on this board I am sure.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Maybe, a little, but test have shown that it isn't what it is advertised to be. Hunt the wind, it is cheaper and it works.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

save your money. if you hunt from a climber, hunt high. if you hunt on the ground, pay attention to the wind and set up accordingly.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:49 AM

From what I can tell from the clothes I own, it works a little. As stated earlier, not like what they claim though. In reality, it's the best marketing gimick ever. A good scent killer and cover scent combo along with hunting the wind goes much further for your money.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:19 AM
Fork Horn

The company is in hot water litigation. Some studies contest what they claim there products are capable of. Take the advise of others and don't waste your money. Buy and use scent neutrilizer sprays. Better yet, make it yourself like I do. A smart hunter uses the wind to there advantage for scent and noise controls.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Does Scent-Lok Really Work??? NO.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:50 AM
Fork Horn

I have some of the scent lok and scent blocker clothes and in my opinion if you take care to eliminate your scent by showering with no scent shampoo, using no scent detergent, using no scent spray etc and couple that with the scent lok clothes it can be very effective. If you hop out of bed and don't shower and just throw your clothes on and hop in the truck and smoke a few cigs on the way over and climb into your deer stand then no its not going to work. I didn't buy the clothes thinking for even a second that they would just make me magically disappear to the deers nose. I'm not an idiot. But when used in accordance with the above mentioned steps it is very effective. I have bought all my clothes after season when Dicks puts them on sale at about 1/3 price of normal so I don't have hundreds of dollars invested in it.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:18 PM

If you do wht BetterBirdDogs suggest, and don't wear a suit, you'll do just as good as if you added the suit.

You'll find the latest information about Scent Lok here: www.trmichels.com/ActivatedCarbonScience.htm
Old 10-13-2008, 01:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think nearly all scent control is a gimmick, at least with the deer I'm hunting around.

When I was a kid, I sat with my grandfather on a log. We wore our farming overalls, greasy work boots,and a winter coat. He smoked A&M's, andhad a bright red CASE International hat. Never did I see a deer pay attention to the smell...and still to this day have never seen a deer smell me..and then blow out of sight. So when guys were hunting deer 50 years ago w/o any scent control products...and killed deer left and right......how in the world did the deer population gain the amount of intelligence it takes to identify dangerous odors just in recent years?

Again, I think it's 99% gimmick. PT Barnum's advice works on deer hunters too.

Quick Reply: Does Scent-Lok Really Work???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.