Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Does Scent-Lok Really Work???

Old 10-13-2008, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Does Scent-Lok Really Work???

IMO a guy who washes his clothes in baking soda, hangs them outside, only wears them in the woods and takes scent free showers, is more scent free than a guy who wears his scentlok suit in the car and house and doesnt shower right before a hunt.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:30 PM
Fork Horn

I cant say that the stuff works, but i think it is very comfortable to wear....I wish they made it without the gimmick and sold it for 1/3 or half the price
Old 10-13-2008, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is a scientific fact that they do help eliminate odor, especially carbon based products (but never completely, not even close. Don't believe me? Stand next to someone wearing the stuff and have them fart. You will smell it). The "catch" if you want to call it that, is that do the deer actually care if they smell something "new" to them? I've yet to see it...
Old 10-13-2008, 06:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah it separates you from your money, but as advertised, NO!
Old 10-13-2008, 10:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have some that I bought on sale and got a pretty good price. It is good clothing. It is too hot to wear when the weather is warm. I have been winded with it on and off with or without wearing it. Does it work. Maybe a little, hard to tell. I know one thing, when the weather gets cooler, I seldom get winded with or without it on, but if a deer gets directly down wind of you and the conditions are wrong, they will smell you every time with or without scent lok.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:15 AM
Typical Buck

I will not hunt without scent lok. However I am not sure how well it works but it does give me peace of mind which is all I need while I am sitting in my stand. I hunt the wind so I guess in my mind it works
Old 10-14-2008, 10:26 AM

I'll have to agree that it DOES NOT work as advertised. I do have one jacket and pant but I bought it for bowhunting since the material it was made from is super quiet NOT for the scent locking abilities. I just wash my stuff in scent free detergent, line dry, and store with pine needles or earth scent.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

No, it doesn't work "at-all".... Straight out of the package it will be as effective as cotton at preventing a whitetail from winding you!
Old 10-14-2008, 02:22 PM
Fork Horn

I don't own one Scent Lok article of clothing and don't intend on buying any. I just practice good common sense scent control as others have mentioned already.

Scent Lok claims that you can reactivate the clothing by placing in a dryer. This reactivation is like cleansing the odor/bacteria from the charcoal embedded clothing so your good to go for next use.
The problem is charcoal does not reactivateuntil it hits 200degrees.Home dryers only hit around 140-150so the clothing continues toget clogged over repeated dryings making the clothing less effective over time. I believe this is only part of the dispute in process. The other half isScent Lok'sknown deception of this and pulling the wool over everyone's eyes. Been awhile since I followed the story so not sure where it ended up. Don't waste your money IMO.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is one of those products that is virtually impossible to prove that it works or not. Kinda like having a lifetime guarantee on your pet rock. All 50 of my hunting years I have done quite well without it.

Quick Reply: Does Scent-Lok Really Work???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.