Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

[Deleted]

Old 03-19-2003, 08:50 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-19-2003, 09:32 PM

Default RE: Dogs running for deer...

Negative! There' s nothing better to me than the exitement of hearing a pack of dogs pounding on one' s heels and the adrenaline rush when you hear that twig snap or bush break when he' s coming to you.
I' m not saying it' s better than any other method, just my personal preference, but to each his own. I support all types of hunting, as long as its humane and ethical. The way I see it if you don' t mess with me I won' t mess with you & I' ll do what I can to keep all types of hunting alive.
Old 03-20-2003, 07:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

No. It is just another method of deer hunting. As long as the hunters have sufficient lands that they have permission to hunt without infringing on others and it is legal in your area, then go ahead.
Old 03-20-2003, 08:15 AM

I don' t think that it should be banned, I just don' t necessarily agree with it.
Some guys used to run dogs on our lease. They would kill some pretty nice bucks too. But, if you have enough dogs and enough hunters, the deer doesn' t even have a chance. Also, a deer that has been run for a while and then shot has a funny taste to the meat.
Old 03-20-2003, 08:51 AM

If the infringing on others part was actually the case it probably would be o.k. But from what I' ve seen most of the dog hunters around here put out right beside a big landowner or club and run up and down the road with those stupid antenna' s hanging out the window trying to kill deer off your land or crossing a public road. I had many hunts ruined last year because some !@#$! dogs were turned loose in my area .

Nothing like hearing dogs run ........Your right there is nothing like taking a peacful day in the woods and wrecking it with a bunch of yelping hound dogs coming to ruin your hunt . Give me a break !!!

I saw a post about training dogs recently.

I got a post : Are you guys capable of training a dog to hunt only on your property ?

I may have gotten long winded. The answer to your post is..........It wouldn' t hurt my feelings !!
Old 03-20-2003, 04:45 PM

i love to hear some good hounds run through the woods. i love to run the dogs if things are getting slow in the woods esp. at the end of the season and not much movement then the dogs get them movin. i guess its somethin you either love or hate and i love if they are run at the right times
Old 03-21-2003, 04:49 AM

I thought this was going to be like humans running for president

In NY you can' t use dogs so I really don' t know what it is like. I have seen dogs chase deer and if I could I' ld shoot them. The deer in the north have enough trouble serviving through the winter months with out using up energy by being chased by dogs. As far as a hunting dog that is different they should be trained to responed to there owner. Any hunt that is under control is ok with me as long as it is legal.
Old 03-21-2003, 09:42 AM
Fork Horn

If you know how to hunt with dogs correctly, whether they belong to you, or you just happen to be in the area when they are released, then you' ll know that there is no better or exciting way to hunt deer.
Old 03-21-2003, 09:26 PM

Its OK if you have the land for it....The guys around us love turn their dogs loose up above us and sit on the road below and wait on the deer and dogs.....That was untill last year ...They turned them loose above us and drive down below to wait on the deer and dogs...No deer and No dogs come out..... So now they leave them part of the woods alone