Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Primos Can Call?

Old 09-19-2008, 07:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default Primos Can Call?

is it any good? i'd appreciate it if those of you who have used it could tell me your opinions, the situation in which you used it, and what the deer's reaction was. thanks
Old 09-19-2008, 07:37 PM

Default RE: Primos Can Call?

use it during the rut..in combo with a grunt..piss of that mature buck in your area and he will come runnin to see who is tending that hot doe in the area
Old 09-19-2008, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have used the "can" a few times last couple of years . I have had one spike come in on a line looking, and several times I have had does come straight to the area, obviously looking for the maker of the bleat. No big boys as of yet have responded.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:09 PM
Typical Buck

I was looking at one at WAL-MARTtoday, didn't know if i wanted to spend the money on one, i guess i still have to get one .I know someone said they use it during the rut do you think it will work during the pre-rut ?
Old 09-20-2008, 02:25 AM

yes it can work during the pre rut and post rut..during pre rut the bucks are makin territorial scrapes and rubs..priming the area for hot does etc..and during the post rut..they are searching for any hot does that might be left or have come into another cycle..but dont over do it
Old 09-20-2008, 02:33 AM

yes..you can use it during the pre rut..may not be as affective as during the rut but it does work..during the pre rut the bucks are gettin ready for the rut obviously..territorial scrapes and rubs..you can trick that buck to thinkin there is a doe in heat around..dont use it too much though
Old 09-20-2008, 04:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

I used the small can and called in a 6 pt, I was looking for a doe.[&o]
Old 09-20-2008, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mojotex

I have used the "can" a few times last couple of years . I have had one spike come in on a line looking, and several times I have had does come straight to the area, obviously looking for the maker of the bleat. No big boys as of yet have responded.
Same here, along with many coyotes.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:56 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Edcyclopedia

ORIGINAL: Mojotex

Same here, along with many coyotes.
same here
Old 09-20-2008, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used it late October through Thanksgiving or so. I've seen some amazing reactions to it when used alone, and also with a grunt tube. I've had the same one for several years now...works great.

Quick Reply: Primos Can Call?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.