Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Primos Can Call?

Old 09-22-2008, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Primos Can Call?

I love using it during pre rut and during the rut. During the pre rut it brings lots of does into the field if u use it with a doe decoy. and during the rut last year i had my 9 pointer come in thinking it was a hot doe.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't want to Hijack the post, but for those of you who use it, how many times do you flip in an hour and at what frequency. Just want to see if I am overusing/underusing it.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I take mine with me all the time. I've had does and fawns come in alot. I got my 1st rifle buck using it. I just sat down and flipped it and he ran right in. Been a user ever since. I like to flip it 2 times in a row and then once about every 15 min. Followed up with a grunt or 2. Don't know if thats the way to do it but it keeps me entertained
Old 09-22-2008, 10:39 AM

I usually flip it over 3 times and follow that by a couple of grunts every 1/2 hour or if I happen to see a buck not comming into me. Never call if a buck is heading in your direction. I've ruined one in 5 years because it fell from my treestand. Something must be messed up with the seal because it slides, but doesn't make any sound.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:06 AM
Fork Horn

worked ok, kinda quiet though. Dont get it wet!!!!
Old 09-22-2008, 11:08 AM

ORIGINAL: IADeerHunter16

I usually flip it over 3 times and follow that by a couple of grunts every 1/2 hour or if I happen to see a buck not comming into me. Never call if a buck is heading in your direction. I've ruined one in 5 years because it fell from my treestand. Something must be messed up with the seal because it slides, but doesn't make any sound.
You have to cover the hole with your finger to make it work ... But I'm guessing you know that and its still broken
Old 09-22-2008, 12:27 PM

i agree with idadeerhunter on this one..i do bout the same thing he said..but like other people said..if you get it wet..its good as gone..i actually carry an extra in my huntin pack.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've heard does in heat doing that sound every other second while being pushed by a buck....for like 3 minutes straight. Before I saw the doe doing it, I thought for sure another hunter was turning his can over. I've also heard them doing it once every 10 minutes.

After those experiences, I don't fear turning the can over a lot, or a little. I've had results from both.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:27 PM
Fork Horn

Buy it, use it, love it, bleat calls work.......deer vocalizations are common place andwill rarely spook deer
Old 09-22-2008, 06:26 PM

I had a 2 1/2 year old in the field about 80 yards away last year, i'd seen some young bucks chasing and grunting after a doe on the other side of my stand, so i hit the can, the deer looked up and ignored it, i tried it again and never got any more responses from him. It sounds real enough, but it's definitely not fool proof. Can't say that i've had any outstanding success with it. But I know of those who do, so it'd be worth having along just in case.

Quick Reply: Primos Can Call?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.