Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What book can I get for field dressing game? >

What book can I get for field dressing game?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What book can I get for field dressing game?

Old 09-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Spike

Default What book can I get for field dressing game?

For field dressing deer, rabbit, and squirrel, I wanted to know if anyone could recommend a good book. Thanks.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Spike

Default RE: What book can I get for field dressing game?

Just look around the internet and search for "How to field dress deer" or what ever, it will come up with some pics or drawings and a explanation.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Spike

Thanks. I'm not worried about hunting. I'm afraid I might kill one and then what? I guess I better start shooting squirrels and try it.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:05 PM
Spike

Squirrels are good practice and the quick and easy way to do one is easy but not nothing like doing a deer. Deer are really pretty easy I dont mind doing them at all. Actually I rather field dress and butcher up a deer first.

PM me if you want some ideas if you never have before.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Spike

http://photos.imageevent.com/brobert/hosting///SQUACKS.wmv
Old 09-16-2008, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd check out Youtube.com and search for field dress Deer. They have a few videos on there. Field Dressing a deer is a lot easier than most people think. I personally enjoy watching someone field dress one for the first time. Priceless.

Rabbits are super easy. I was taught to just cut open the belly and grab the rabbit by its front and back legs with the belly facing away from you and whip it around. Done that for years and all the guts just fly out. Best way Ive ever seen done and has worked on the 100's of rabbits I have done.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

+2 on the youtube.com. there is quite a few videos showing how to field dress deer. I'm sure other game is on there too.
Old 09-17-2008, 12:07 AM
Typical Buck

I post this every year and usually there is one or two folks who can use it:

www.angelfire.com/bc/canuck2/gutting.html
Old 09-17-2008, 12:47 AM

cannuck has a nice little page there for it. I will also add to the youtube, just about everything on there imaginable (even though I can't find a snapping turtle one yet). I have the wild harvest video collection at home here (got them at gander mountain) and they are very nice. The chef on the series takes you "from field to table" and it's really good stuff. It is definately nice referrence material.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:46 AM
Dominant Buck

If you are skinning squirrels do it right after the kill. When they cool off it is hard to get the skin off. With a deer everything inside the body cavity has to come out. Pretty simple once you get in there. On your belly cut don't go any deeper than the skin on the first cut. It is way cleaner to get the skin all slit before you go through the diaphram.

Quick Reply: What book can I get for field dressing game?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.