Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How do you control neighbors dogs?? >

How do you control neighbors dogs??

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How do you control neighbors dogs??

Old 09-08-2008, 10:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How do you control neighbors dogs??

File a report that you were attacked by some of those dogs and were lucky to escape without being hurt.The authorities will be much more eager to act,and the fear of a lawsuit could very well change the owners attitude.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:22 PM
Typical Buck

Old 09-09-2008, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I met a guy one time he was a crazy live off the land type. Well the nieghbor's dogs were chasing the deer and hogs (East Texas) around his hause one night. The next morning the owners found them strung up hangingover their driveway. He got probation. That guy scared the crap out of me. Drove his Harley around with a rifle and shotgun on the handle bars and a 1911 with the grip safetly held down with a rubberband.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

If you are so worried about getting charged with shooting dogs like that, then establish a paper trail first. If they have you on record as claiming that the dogs are on your property growling at you and acting aggressively, then i doubt that you are gonna end up in court if some of them end up dead in the long-run. "I felt I was in danger" seems to work pretty good when humans get shot.

Of course, all these worse case scenarios would require that folks actually know that you killed the dogs. Think discretion...
Old 09-09-2008, 09:15 AM
Typical Buck

With your bow or your copper jacket...........throw the left overs in a creek bottom.
Old 09-09-2008, 10:01 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah I think I am going to file a complaint that the dogs came after me on my land. Then if I end up having to take the laws into my hands it will already be on record that they attacked meonce....and the next time tehy attacked me I had a gun with me....
Old 09-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would do the only reasonable thing which is shoot a dog, than hang it outside of his houseat night. Than take some ofthe dogs blood and write "just the begining" on his porch.
I bet that will stop him.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ABarOfSoap

I would do the only reasonable thing which is shoot a dog, than hang it outside of his houseat night. Than take some ofthe dogs blood and right "just the begining" on his porch.
That is going too far. It's one thing to try and solve a nuisance problem, butit's another to do something vindictive. Actually, if you try the above idea you will most likely have the law at your door.

Seriously, I wouldn't listen toMichael Vick's post.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:00 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: ABarOfSoap

I would do the only reasonable thing which is shoot a dog, than hang it outside of his houseat night. Than take some ofthe dogs blood and right "just the begining" on his porch.
Wow. That could be construed as a threat on the life of the dog's owners and not the dogs themselves. That will very likely get the police involved. Not very smart.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ya cause i would really do that (OR WOULD I!)

Quick Reply: How do you control neighbors dogs??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.