Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Big Buck Expo

Old 08-23-2008, 06:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Big Buck Expo

Just got back in from Dothan, Al and the Big Buck Expo. Should have stayed home and drank ice tea and watched the Outdoor Channel. Major disappointment. They had one wall of what was suppose to be the record bucks and I think a 10 year old could have told the antlers were plastic or fiberglass. I thought there would be racks of nice hunting shirts and all they hadwerea few cheap looking shirts. Two fizzles this weekend, Hurricane Fay and Big Buck Expo.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Big Buck Expo

I know what you mean, there was a little something going on at Gander mountain here today. Same plastic deer mounts and everything. I thought they would have some archery stuff on sale because bow season starts soon but I was wrong.

I did get to meet "Sparky the fire dog" when the fire department set up a stand outside... That was the highlight of my day [&:]
Old 08-23-2008, 08:16 PM

One of my buddies went up to BassPro Shops to get the ground blind that was on sale today only. Part of their big hunting sale. He was there when the doors opened only for them to tell them they didn't have any of the blinds but they expect them in later in the day. One day sale? Do they think we live in the parking lot? he drove 45 minutes one way for nothing
Old 08-23-2008, 08:46 PM
Fork Horn

sorry for the disappointment.