Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Mathews Question?

Old 08-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Spike

Default Mathews Question?

Will my draw lenght be the same for a new switchback xt, as it is on my trustee Q2XL? Its 29 right now.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Mathews Question?

should be if you were measured properly the first time.
I'll promise you this- if you're pulling the same poundage,
it's going to feel ALOT easier with the SBXT............

Rob
Old 08-08-2008, 11:26 AM

Draw length is not really bow dependant... unless you havesome strangeoffset shelf, or shoot with an overdarw. It is a measure of your set pointof the bow string at full draw,to the rest, basically... Not exactly, but for all intents and purposes.

It can also change if you go from shooting off the string to shooting with a loop...

Things like that can change it. But on a typical bow set up it will not change bow to bow.

MET

Old 08-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Should be the same...

Old 08-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

draw length won't change, length of string/cables can change by model however.

Old 08-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

And the limbs won't be recalled...LOL!!!!!
Old 08-09-2008, 08:15 AM

If you have a good shop they should verify that the draw length is correct anyway. That being said it may not be exactly the same as the bow you have. Mathews is not known for having exact specs. They tend to be high on draw weight when the limbs are bottomed out and the draw lengths tend to run longer than what they are rated at as well. Like if the cam says 29 inches don't be shocked if the actually draw length is closer to 29 3/4.

Also if both of these are used bows there could be string stretch issues which would effect the draw length as well.

Adding a loop or shooting off the string does not change the actual measured draw length of the bow, but it will effect the perceived draw length because your release will be farther back. Using a longer release will do the same thing. And an over draw does not effect your draw length either, it just puts your rest farther back so you can shoot shorter arrows to get less weight. Not really needed anymore considering the speeds of newer bows and the lightness of carbon arrows. They are a bit harder to shoot though because it makes your bow less forgiving. Most of the drop away and full containment rests have some sort of overdraw to them.

You should really put this question in the archery section, either the bowhunting or technical. You will probably get more responses, and possibly from someone that actually sells and works on them.

Paul
Old 08-09-2008, 11:05 AM

Your draw length will stay the same. One thing to consider though, you may want to shorten the draw an inch due to clothing. I can draw 30", but with hunting clothes on, 29" is a much more comfortable and easy draw length.

Bugs.
Old 08-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Spike

It sould be the same. I had a outback at 29 and this year I got the new DXT at 29.