Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Mathews FX Question? >

Mathews FX Question?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mathews FX Question?

Old 06-16-2004, 10:03 PM

Default Mathews FX Question?

I am looking at purchasing a Mathews FX. I know its not in the top end of their scale but was wondering if anyone else has this bow or has shot this bow? If so, how quiet is it? Is it a good performer. I currently have a Parker Hunter Mag. Would the FX be an improvement over my Parker? Thanks for your opinions. Whitey
Old 06-16-2004, 11:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Mathews FX Question?

I answered this query on another message board for you.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

My friend has one and he likes it. Put limbs savers and cat wiskers on it and it will be ultra quiet.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

My FX is very quiet with a set of Limb Savers and Leeches on it. I also put a cable gaurd dampner on it which makes it almost silent! The bow performs just as well as any, but there is one thing I will tell you....the riser is short and the sight window is short, so you're anchor will have to be low. It's a fine little bow and gets the job done without hassle.
Old 06-20-2004, 08:15 PM

I myself do not shoot a Mathews as you can tell from my name, but my brother in law had a fx and he loved it until he shot a Q2 then he bought the Q2 and loved it until he shot a Legacy then he bought it (the local bow shop loves to see him coming). His FX was quite but he had enough rubber on it as far as limb savers, cable dampers, and string leaches, that if he droped it out of his tree stand it would bounce back up to him. But all kinding aside he loved it