Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what type of hunter are you?

Old 07-22-2008, 10:45 AM
Typical Buck

Default what type of hunter are you?

just wondering what type of hunters are in this forum there is the redneck hunters (dont realy care) respectful hunters, (dont abuse their authority and have respect yet share a passion to hunt and dont mind killing deer but have self control) and a hunter who doesnt care (spotlights, kills yearlings, has no sensitivety)
no offense to any hunters out there we all share the same passion deer hunting im not talking about hippys or heartless people just ur opinion of how you feel about deer hunting

what type of hunter are you?
Old 07-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: what type of hunter are you?

Under those criteria I would say I am a respectful hunter.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Somehow i don't imagine that you are gonna get many folks on here admitting to being A or C out of the options.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im charging my spotlight as we speak.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I consider myself the type of hunter that enjoys hunting with family and friends, spends as much time in the woods as I am allotted. I truly love thearchery side of hunting and bringing kidsas well as other into the sport. I am the type of hunter that was brought up hunting in a camp where poker and beer were more important than the actual hunt, once on my own I took up archery and have taken hunting to a whole different level than I ever knew as a kid growing up. I take hunting very serious but still have a good time bringing my spouse and children into the sport, it is more of a way of life for us these days, our holidays and vacations are planned aroundthe seasons...I have recently found thatthe experience of huntingwith my children and getting them a deer is more rewarding any game I have taken.
Old 07-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Typical Buck

Let me start by saying I have a little of allof these in me.......and I love the term"redneck hunter" but not in the same way you used it. I love to run and party with my boys, 4 wheel and tear sh*t up, But I love to hunt and not afraid to shoot a smaller deer if it fits the situation,I/we do some management andlove nature. I do follow the laws, but Im also not afraid to do what I want. Im your best friend if you respect my family and my stuff..........
Old 07-22-2008, 01:40 PM
Spike

I started bird dogging as a kid in Indiana. Hunting was a big deal on my Aunts farm. We learned how to clean our game before we got to shoot. If someone got a deer it was a very big deal. Hunting is a generational thing with me. My kids learned the same as I did. Now that I am on the management side of things, i try and cater to families and young hunters. Last year we had some young people get some really fine deer. To me this in more important than trying to make as much $$ as possible.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would be classified as the freezer hunter. Being in the woods is a truly spiritual experience for me. The bonus to my hobby/sport is the ultimate rewardbeing themeat that my family enjoys through out the year. I hunt bow, ML, and rifle so the first two are concentrated on putting meat in the freezer. Nice big fat does are very tastey. During rifle I may becomemore selective but the bottem line is I've got 4 tags to fill.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:11 PM
Spike

I enjoy hunting i take 6 weeks off from work.Early in the seasons i watch the young bucks and doesgo by ,as my seasons isclose to getting over i will shoot a big doe for meat."Where legal"
Old 07-23-2008, 04:16 PM

I guess a respectful hunter, but everyone who knows me says i am a redneck, so i am a redneck hunter, just not the way you described it.

Quick Reply: what type of hunter are you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.