Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How often do you NOT see deer? >

How often do you NOT see deer?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How often do you NOT see deer?

Old 07-11-2008, 02:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How often do you NOT see deer?

Last year I saw deer about 60% of the time, Mostly does.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

i'd say about 50/50
Old 07-12-2008, 06:45 AM
Bartender

For the first month of the season I would say about 80% of the time then lets say late oct on about 30% of the time.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I see deer maybe 1 out of 4 times i go out
Old 07-12-2008, 09:26 PM

Not every time, Maybe 1 out of 3 hunts.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

30-40% of the time Iam out.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I see deer almost everytime i go out.. same ones but still see deer and keeps my patience and hopes up..
Old 07-13-2008, 09:42 AM

its about the same here in ohio. i hunt my fathers land in the week because it is the only place i can get to after work. theres deer ther but they only come in every few days.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ever since I started bowhunting some 19 years ago, I've seemed to get used to not seeing deer on some hunts. I started hunting in Michigan public land where not seeing a single deer was just a-part of hunting. Over the years I've been fortunate enough to hunt on some pretty incredible properties in Illinois, and in Iowa the state I now call home.

I've come to understand that having many days in the field with little of no movement is apart of hunting. I deal with it here in Iowa as I did back in Michigan. One thing that has changed, I've found ways to greatly reduce the number of these days each year as I learn more about whitetail behavior and the properties that I hunt.

I started a mission many years back to put myself into areas where I stand the greatest chance of tagging mature bucks. Sometimes this means pulling out of areas with greater numbers of deer, in-exchange for the type of area that offers the solitude and cover that a big mature buck seems to prefer.

If I know I'm hunting an area that could hold a big buck that I want to tag, I don't care about seeing a ton of deer - just the right one!

Old 07-13-2008, 01:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Its not to often I don't see deer. It really depends though on what I'm after. If I'm hunting on those sneaky little hidden away buck trails chances of not seeing a deer will be a greater possibility but chances of seeing that nice buck will be a higher possibility. Its what your after and how you go about it I guess will tend to make a difference on what you see.

Quick Reply: How often do you NOT see deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.