Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 2 high fence senarios. Yes or NO? >

2 high fence senarios. Yes or NO?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

2 high fence senarios. Yes or NO?

Old 06-16-2008, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 2 high fence senarios. Yes or NO?

LMAO... That's awesome.. Is that really something that can be ordered because if so I know a guy that I have to order one for..
ORIGINAL: kevin1

In either scenario don't forget your camo:

Old 06-16-2008, 06:20 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: sjsfire

It's fair chase or nothing for me. I'll be damned if I'm gonna pay to hunt other than the cost of my tag, equipment I use, and the travel to get there.

+++++++++++++++++1
Old 06-16-2008, 08:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Perhaps folks dwell a bit too much on fences being involved with hunts when the issue is something resembling fair chase. My issue is with any hunting operation that guarantees a trophy buck, or a kill for that matter. I've had several relatives who hunted places like that and fences weren't even involved. I would probably rather hunt a truely wild deer in a 100 acre enclosure as opposed to deer that have been "managed" into semi-tameness on a 50,000 acre open range ranch.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:51 AM
Typical Buck

I don't understand why some of us are against high fenced hunts. It doesn't affect your hunts. It doesn't count in the trophy books. To me it's this simple, if you don't like it, don't do it.

Spudrow from MO
Old 06-16-2008, 08:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Probably one issue is that it contributes to the big buck mania that kind of drags things down in general.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:20 AM
Typical Buck

I guess that could be one possibility. Aren't some of the states managing for bigger bucks as well? I know Missouri has put in place antler restrictions in some areas just to satisfy the trophy hunters. I think it's all about the money.Remember when 8 pointers was something to be really proud of? Now days they arevery common.When it comes to big bucks people will do the most crazy of things. This debate will go on forever because you can't please all the people all the time.

Spudrow from Mo
Old 06-16-2008, 09:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think that states are starting to manage because of folks lobbying because they wantbigger bucks.
Of course, that means more people paying for permits to shoot them, which the states like.of course, it has frequently been pointed out that there can be a difference between Quality Deer Management and Quality Antler Management. Doesnt really matter to me until folks start wanting tolimit what i can legally shoot on my own land, just so they can have plenty of the deer that they want to shoot running around.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:43 AM
Typical Buck

I've tried to answer your post 3 times. Guess I'm too long winded. Anyway, good post sir.

Spudrow from Mo
Old 06-16-2008, 10:29 AM
Typical Buck

Anyone have any idea how much it would cost to"high fence" only500 acres....much less thousands? GeezI am still saving up for my 5 acre yard!

I do have a pond, and was stocked 20 years ago with Bass, croppy, several catfish, and the frequent bluegill. Its my canned fishing area, and only catch and release. I would not feel like the true fisherman if I caught the big 8 pounder and mounted on my wall.

Same goes with hunting, with trail cams and true scouting...a guide would know exactly what they are going after...versus stalking a wild animal. If I was going to pay the hunt fee...and the taxidermist bill for a guaranteed trophy buck...I could not hang his head over my mantle.

I will take the wild hunt over a purchased deer any day!
Old 06-16-2008, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thinked that Canned, I mean, High Fence hunts are a joke. You see them in the Midwest on 500 to 1000 acres and I can't see how anyone would call them hunting. No one should be proud of any deer they shoot on them. Thats like saying you are proud of shooting a cow on a cattle ranch. If a deer is pushed enough on a ranch with High Fences, it is eventually going to run into a hunter. People say they only have a few days to rifle hunt a year and they want to have an opportunity at a big buck. Guess what, I can only get out deer hunt a few days a year and don't have the opportunity to scout much, if at all. Even if I only get a doe or a small buck, I know I earned it and it wasn't "placed" there for me to shoot.

Quick Reply: 2 high fence senarios. Yes or NO?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.