Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Uh oh.... Wolves in Indiana.......... >

Uh oh.... Wolves in Indiana..........

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Uh oh.... Wolves in Indiana..........

Old 05-18-2008, 11:55 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Uh oh.... Wolves in Indiana..........

ORIGINAL: salukipv1

sure they weren't coyotes? hybrids?

read an article which stated the eastern coyote is a wolf/coyote hybrid......

interesting.... Here is an unbelievable true and random fact... There are freshwater jellyfish in some ponds here in southern indiana. Its true! Ive seen them. Here is a link for them, and a map of their "homerange"

http://nas.er.usgs.gov/queries/FactSheet.asp?speciesID=1068

Just because you dont believe in something doesnt mean it doesnt exist.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:34 AM
Typical Buck

PICTURE!!!!!

AND there IS a huge article in the newspaper about it! It should be coming out on the website tomorrow. Ill get the link on here asap... in the meantime, here is a picture of 4. 5 were killed last week. not 4.

Old 05-19-2008, 03:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

bristowboy wins this argument hands down, Well done
Old 05-19-2008, 07:52 AM
Dominant Buck

I wouldn't be surprised, it was just a couple of years ago that a guy here shot what he thought was a large coyote that turned out to be a young male wolf that had migrated here from a pack in Wisconsin.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Have heard about the freshwater jellyfish......not sure where they are though....

Why were they killed? by DNR? hunters? self defense?

I think most hunters would like to see wild game return to its natural form......or where it existed before man killed it off in places, ie eastern elk....., and many others.

I'd love to have a wolf, bobcat, cougar season here in IL, once we had a population here, same goes for elk,

Someone did shoot an elk in southern IL few years back, DNR said it was escaped from a pen etc....but I think the KY elk are said to eventually migrate to the shawnee nat'l forest in southern IL.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:14 AM

wolve

Old 05-19-2008, 10:15 AM

wolve

Old 05-19-2008, 11:56 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: salukipv1

Have heard about the freshwater jellyfish......not sure where they are though....

Why were they killed? by DNR? hunters? self defense?

I think most hunters would like to see wild game return to its natural form......or where it existed before man killed it off in places, ie eastern elk....., and many others.

I'd love to have a wolf, bobcat, cougar season here in IL, once we had a population here, same goes for elk,

Someone did shoot an elk in southern IL few years back, DNR said it was escaped from a pen etc....but I think the KY elk are said to eventually migrate to the shawnee nat'l forest in southern IL.

They were attacking the family pets. And whatnot.

I wouldnt mind for the predators to make a nice comeback, and elk would be awesome! I heard that there is a small herd of wild elk about 20 miles south of me here in Indiana that the dnr is watching. They're supposed to be in an area that is only 2 miles from Ky,and elk do swim, so I would say its entirely possible.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Typical Buck

Why can you shoot the wolves back east? People from back east and other parts forced us to take wolves back in and around our towns in Idaho, and we couldn't shoot them because they were a protected non native reintroduced species? Now there are wolves moving into areas on their own back east and they are OK to shoot. So threating people and property in the west with wolves is OK, but back east is not? Another way of seeing how people in Mountain states are treated like second class citizens? I am sure Indiana was once native wolf habitat the same as Idaho. What the hell.
Old 05-19-2008, 08:23 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: millagerobert

Why can you shoot the wolves back east? People from back east and other parts forced us to take wolves back in and around our towns in Idaho, and we couldn't shoot them because they were a protected non native reintroduced species? Now there are wolves moving into areas on their own back east and they are OK to shoot. So threating people and property in the west with wolves is OK, but back east is not? Another way of seeing how people in Mountain states are treated like second class citizens? I am sure Indiana was once native wolf habitat the same as Idaho. What the hell.
I know exactly what you mean. Yeah Indiana used to have a good population of wolves, black bears, cougars, and elk. Personally I wouldnt mind for them to come back. I guess everyone is too lazy and scared to mess with them. I don't think people should be allowed to shoot them because there arent very many around. But protecting your pets and family should be an exception for sure. I don't care which state I'm in or how protected those animals are, if theyre doing harm to pets or people, Im shooting them.

Quick Reply: Uh oh.... Wolves in Indiana..........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.