HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Uh oh.... Wolves in Indiana..........
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 08:23 PM
bristowboy_20
Typical Buck

Default RE: Uh oh.... Wolves in Indiana..........

ORIGINAL: millagerobert

Why can you shoot the wolves back east? People from back east and other parts forced us to take wolves back in and around our towns in Idaho, and we couldn't shoot them because they were a protected non native reintroduced species? Now there are wolves moving into areas on their own back east and they are OK to shoot. So threating people and property in the west with wolves is OK, but back east is not? Another way of seeing how people in Mountain states are treated like second class citizens? I am sure Indiana was once native wolf habitat the same as Idaho. What the hell.
I know exactly what you mean. Yeah Indiana used to have a good population of wolves, black bears, cougars, and elk. Personally I wouldnt mind for them to come back. I guess everyone is too lazy and scared to mess with them. I don't think people should be allowed to shoot them because there arent very many around. But protecting your pets and family should be an exception for sure. I don't care which state I'm in or how protected those animals are, if theyre doing harm to pets or people, Im shooting them.