Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Permission   gone   bad....take a look >

Permission gone bad....take a look

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Permission gone bad....take a look

Old 05-06-2008, 11:34 AM

Default Permission gone bad....take a look

My father and i went to get permission from this farmer and when he was giving us permission he drew out a map of what we are allowed to hunt. Then when me and my dad went to set in this feild to hunt turkey, we got busted by the gamewarden because we was on the wrong property, all because the farmer drew in the wrong feild. we got fined $175.00 dollars along with two other guys who shot two turkeys in the same feild and only got the fine, did not get their turkeys taken away......Bull Crap......Tell me what you think.........thanks
Old 05-06-2008, 11:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Permission gone bad....take a look

If i had showed the Game Warden the map and explained the misunderstanding and he still stuck it to me, I would look him up for a little chat when he is not on duty. it does sound like something that you could have fought in court, but the lawyer fees would have been more than the fines.
Old 05-06-2008, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

That doesn't make sense. The farmer drew the wrong field? If it were my own land, I don't think I wouldmake a mistake by drawingsomeone elses land. Sounds a little fishy.Are you sure you didn't make a mistake and go to the wrong field? Maybe he did it on purpose. I would hope he didn't though. Did you talk to the farmer and tell him what happened?
Old 05-06-2008, 11:56 AM
Typical Buck

Bad deal, but it is still your responsibility to make sure you are on the right property. Even if I get permission to hunt somewhere, I check my plat book to make sure of the boundries. Directions and map drawings by someone leaves to much room for error. I realize you meant no harm, but you really should have checked.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Platbooks arent always foolproof either. According to mine, i didnt own the land that i bought in 2003 until 2005. This is just one of those instances where lack of common sense and understanding has given game wardens another black eye in public opinion.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

maybe its just me, ive had a rude awakening about the law and I guess now is your turn......

ignorance is no excuse is how the law would see this, you were on the wrong property.....trespassing etc....you broke the law and got punished, may not be right or fair, but you did something illegal and were punished accordingly.

Showing the farmers map may pull some favor but again, unintentional....but when it comes down to it, you were on land you weren't allowed to be or shouldn't have been. I understand it was a simple mistake....like who'd of thought to make certain you were on his land etc....

laws are laws and if you break em you can be punished up to the maximum....something to remember, not well most likely youll only be fined, or let off, etc..... if they want to they can do what they want, or is allowed under the law/punishment, and saying the other guys didn't get their turkey's taken, isn't an excuse.

I wish we lived in a world where fair was fair, but we don't.
Old 05-06-2008, 04:37 PM

Did you walk past any No Tresspassing signs? Also when I got caught tresspassing (accidental) it was up to the land owner weather or not to press charges. I was able to explain to him that I was basically lost and nothing came of it. Did you try to reason with the land owner.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

It could be you made a mistake or the farmer drew a bad map (unlikely but I've seen people draw maps that are hard to follow) OR, you were set up!
You might at least talk to the farmer. At least by that you might be able to tell if a mistake was made or if you were set up. Either way, you'll still have to pay!
There's not much in life thats "fair!" Some minor "mistakes" are instantly fatal! This one just cost you money, live and learn!
Old 05-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Time to get a Lawyer and fight for your rights....the person that owns the other property would have to have called the Game Warden and then press charges against you.I would find out exactly who's property you were really on and try to explain what happened...maybe the guy would understand your situation maybe not but it is worth a try?I hope things work out for you and you still get to hunt there....on the correct piece of property?Heck,maybe the 2 Land Owners have been fueding for years about who owns what piece of property and you happened to get stuck in the the middle of the Hatfields and McCoys!
Old 05-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

You will probably be told that ignorance is no excuse.

Quick Reply: Permission gone bad....take a look

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.