Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Miller and Potts

Old 04-28-2008, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Miller and Potts

I've known Stan Potts through other friends long before he had his mug in front of the camera.......and believe me he is so full of hot air I blame him for "Global Warming".
Old 04-28-2008, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bugsNbows

Potts drives me bonkers. Take a breath man. Oh, "give me a minute". I prefer to watch Jim Shockey.
+1!
Old 04-28-2008, 03:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

niether of them really drive me crazy
Old 04-28-2008, 04:18 PM
Typical Buck

Greg Miller I like as a hunter. I have several of his books. Stan is a bit of a touch hole. He cracks me up when he gets all excited after he shoots something, reminds me of cletus on the dukes of hazard.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like stan, though I think both of those guys shoot alot of whatever bucks.....I wish someone on tv would ONLY shoot trophy bucks, maybe a management buck, and does....depending on the scenario.

I just wonder how many bucks is a guy going to put on his wall? If you shoot a buck and dont put it on the wall, what woudl you do with all those antlers? I let em pass to become wall hangers....
Old 04-28-2008, 06:13 PM
Fork Horn

its a good show but i cant stand potts the guy has a mental breakdown after every kill. COME ON the guy needs to learn to hold his nerves
Old 04-28-2008, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

The statement made was more for the general casting for the show. Yes I agree that if you put most seasoned hunters at the right place at the right time you will harvest great bucks. I also agree that Stan is very excitable and each time he goes into spasims I'm waiting for the heart attack to follow. But it is the show's chemistry that I was referring to. Either alone may be good but the two of them together I believe makes the show. For example...would Lee have a show without Tiffany? I doubt it. Another example is Archer's Choice. A certain chemistry is created for the veiwership. Even Jim Shockey has been created so he may be that TV hunter that you would like to sit, have a beer with, and swap hunting stories. All of these are created characters for the show. Even characters you love to hate sell product so providing characters that each end of the spectrum is good for business. This is where I think North American Whitetail has it. Look at the posts in this thread. There is no middle ground.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ahhhhhhhhh ....something the good Doctor can sink his teeth in... I think Miller does a very good job ...comes accross to me as being a regular kind of guy .... Potts on the other hand is a pelt of a different color ...I know his back ground and I know he has paid his due's hunting wise BUT hes a tad bit nutty in my opinion...when he makes a shot or walks up on a downed animal its like Michael Jackson on a hit of speed...almost moon walking ..and goesNUTS..it seems a little canned to me ...I mean he makes Ted Nuggent look like the Beaver ..I just think Potts is a little gung ho ...he's running through the woods when everyone else is walking ...

dd
Old 04-28-2008, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey DD, I'm still waiting to produce your show. I would like to know who you would cast yourself with or perhaps the good doctor would go solo (wanting to keep the cheerleaders for himself)? lol The last pics you posted from Kentucky were greatDD.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: whitetaildreamer

Hey DD, I'm still waiting to produce your show. I would like to know who you would cast yourself with or perhaps the good doctor would go solo (wanting to keep the cheerleaders for himself)? lol The last pics you posted from Kentucky were greatDD.
Ive got a couple of sponsors lined up for the Doctor Death Show ...a new deer urin called IP Daily and a new Resturant called Pooters where all the girls wear tight short shorts ...as for my co-host I would pick Lorie Morgan

dd

Quick Reply: Miller and Potts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.