Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Struck out Shed Hunting

Old 04-03-2008, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Struck out Shed Hunting

I did end up finding 2 sheds this past weekend. They were both at least a year old but at least I know I can find them if I see them now. I'm thinking that maybe the bucks I'm seeing are not bedding on my property or something. With only 160 acres I'm just a small part of a normal bucks home range.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Fork Horn

Its been a pretty good year for me but no monster sheds though. Think I have have found 8 so far this year plus two skull racks. Its really just getting out there and walking and walking some more then when your about to give up walk some more. Plus during this time you can do some good scouting for next season and maybe find some new stand sites. Well happy shed hunting.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: npaden

Looking at the camera the bucks are dropping their antlers but I spent about 3 hours out looking yesterday and didn't find any. (Long enough to get a pretty good sunburn!) I probaby put in 4 or 5 miles but really focused on walking slow and looking.
Sunburn from shed hunting. LOL Not around here you won't. Found 5 so far. Haven't had time to look really. 2 were from last year.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Typical Buck

i found my first shed in the woods this year 30 yards from the blind!!! boyyy when i seen that i ran to itnothin like findin a deer shed
Old 04-09-2008, 04:36 PM
ogg
Fork Horn

i havent found any but 1 while shotgun hunting that was broken off towards the base.it was a nice size with 4 points