Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What do you bring?

Old 02-15-2003, 05:22 PM

Default What do you bring?

What do you usually bring except your stand, Bow or gun, and scent stuff to the deer woods?
Old 02-15-2003, 05:48 PM

Default RE: What do you bring?

knife,binoculars,drag rope,motorolla radio,and in archery rangefinder
Old 02-15-2003, 05:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Same as BEAR72 plus a couple af Mt. Dews and small camera
Old 02-15-2003, 06:02 PM

what exactly is a drag rope? I am guessing it has to do with dragging the deer out of the woods, but we just used to use our safy belt for it
Old 02-15-2003, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guessed it ....the drag rope is used to drag your deer out! Just to add to the other two posts a flashlight, an extra release aid when bowhunting, and a cell phone(turned off of course). I always have toilet paper with me too!!
Old 02-15-2003, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

@ knives ,matches ,rope , water ,rations ,flare, tp and a small plastic tarp in my day pack . weighs about eight pounds total .
Old 02-15-2003, 08:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Other than my rifle and suitable clothing, the air cushion for my old butt is the #1 necessity..
Old 02-15-2003, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

i carry a gutting knife and a multi purpose knife was my swiss army but now a leatherman with a flashlight all in one seath replaced it..the flash light.....matches...scope cleaning cloth...drag rope..and a red bandana...long long story but its mainly to tie onto the leg of the deer but theres a meaning behind it..mainly just so i think its " cool" to do it...the guy told me that only a few guys are in the red bandana club and you tie it to the left leg of the deer right above the joint...i think the whole reason is just a saftey thing..i always forget to tie it on but ive had it with me every time after my first deer when he gave it to me...and if im going farther than i know i carry a compass...when i hunt alone im going to be more prepared and carry a day pack..rather be safe then sorry...and who knows..i might find a great spot right before dark and dont feel like walking there in the morning so i will just sleep there lol...
Old 02-15-2003, 10:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Knife, Sagen Saw, FRS, GPS & Compass, Calls, Scent Eliminator, Horns (when Rattling), Spare gloves, hot hands, TP, Eye Glass Cloth, Rope, matchs, tags, bottle of water and ammo or tool kit when bow hunting.

Oh almost foprgot my truck keys!!!!!
Old 02-15-2003, 10:45 PM

When hunting on my property I' ll bring my radio,knife,calls,flashlight,and when I think that I' ll be going beyond my land I' ll bring the compass and the GPS. and extra candy bars,or cookies and water.

Quick Reply: What do you bring?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.