Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

baiting response

Old 03-15-2008, 08:51 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: baiting response

BOWHUNTERCOP, I do understand your frustration with your state, they dont care about quality deer management, just the money. I understand that people take advantage of the rules, and I dont care to hear about guys that slay the button bucks and then bitch about no big racks either. I just dont think you can "blanket" everyone that baits. I dont always consider someone keeps food out year round baiting. I think you could call this supplemental feeding. I put corn out year round, not just for deer, but turkeys, squirrels, rabbits, and other birds benefit from this also.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:53 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BOWHUNTERCOP

halfrack, calling people names on here I'm sure is a rule violation. Next time you get pulled over or a CO stops you while hunting/fishing, say that to there face!!!!

baiting deer is an easy way to hunt, I agree if the law allows it so be it. But I know lots of hunters within my home state, and the ones that bait kill alot of deer and they brag that hunting is easy, or brag how they killed 15, 20 or more deer per season, this doesn't make you a hunter this makes you look like a killer. And most of deer they take are either does, yearlings including lots of button bucks, but then complaine how they don't see as many rack bucks as they have in the past. Keep killing and over harvesting, remember NJ doesn't care about the wildlife or our hunting, they care about getting the 'ole mighty dollar bill $$$$$$$$
i would like to apologize for calling you a jackass i would never say that to your face, or be it any distinguished member of new jersey law enforcement. foryou would probably pull some "rondey king" **** on my ass
Old 03-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Exactly...
Old 03-16-2008, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

As a general rule, people who hunt in states where baiting is illegal are against people using bait where it is legal. It seems to be sort of a jealousy issue.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: isatarak

As a general rule, people who hunt in states where baiting is illegal are against people using bait where it is legal. It seems to be sort of a jealousy issue.
not a jealousy issue for me, more like a "lazy" issue. us that do not bait spend countless hours in the woods patterning deer, cutting trails, scouting, practicing with scents and calls, etc. when you bait (ex. corn feeders) you just find a well used area and set up camp. all you do is stare at the feeder and wait for the deer to come into eat. plus corn has no nutritional value to the deer. but hey, if it's legal in your area go for it. it's just not my cup of tea, i prefer to earn my deer.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:48 AM
Typical Buck

Thats why they call it "Hunting" and not "killing". Kind of like "Fishing", they sure as hell dont call it "catching".

But hey...whatever floats your boat!

I just wouldnt brag about how many deer I kill sitting in a tree by a feeder. I like to brag about how many I let live.

IMHO

Old 03-17-2008, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: CamoCop

ORIGINAL: isatarak

not a jealousy issue for me, more like a "lazy" issue. us that do not bait spend countless hours in the woods patterning deer, cutting trails, scouting, practicing with scents and calls, etc. when you bait (ex. corn feeders) you just find a well used area and set up camp. all you do is stare at the feeder and wait for the deer to come into eat. plus corn has no nutritional value to the deer. but hey, if it's legal in your area go for it. it's just not my cup of tea, i prefer to earn my deer.
I spend countless hours in the woods too. Actually i cant think of a weekend that goes by almost all year that i dont go to the woods. So I put in my time too. FYI- i usually hunt acorns too, i just 'supplement' with corn. It is more of having the advantage everyone else uses, I could hunt without it if everyone else in our club did also. We tried to vote outlaw using corn out in our club last year, and it didnt pass.The corn really hurts our doghunting success.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

my father in law's club in Georgia puts in numerous food plots every year to help their herd out with nutrition but the adjoining clubs just use corn feeders. their deer harvest was very low this last year do to the corn feeding of their neighbors.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:17 AM
Typical Buck

Just found out that the Game Warden wrote a $2500 fine to someone I know for hunting on food plot...because it was Biologic! He said that if he had put turnips or corn plants it would not be baiting.

Law says that you can plant food plots as long as its not "intended" solely for hunting. If its supplemental nurishment you cannot hunt within 1000 feet of it. He said that if the plot has a row of corn for agricultural purposes, or Turnip, radishes, etc. it would not be considered baiting.

The fine lines of right and wrong!

Old 03-18-2008, 08:04 AM
Spike

Here is an actual scientific study aboutbaiting from theMichigan dnr. I didnt read all the replies in this post, so I'm sorry if someone else posted this link already.

http://www.dnr.state.mi.us/publications/pdfs/HuntingWildlifeHabitat/Issue_reviews/99baiting.pdf

Quick Reply: baiting response

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.