Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Where are the Benoits?

Old 02-24-2008, 03:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Where are the Benoits?

I don't seem to hear anything about the Benoit's anymore. To me, they were the real deal as I was growing up.Stalking and tracking of some great Big Woods bucks is what they were about.I still have my signed, by Larry, original copy (1974)of "How To Bag The Biggest Buck Of Your Life".I think it's worth a few dollars!I also have their two newer books. What's up with the Benoits?
Old 02-24-2008, 04:19 PM

Default RE: Where are the Benoits?

They are still around, filming their hunts now. I think they are up to volume 3 now. Each one has multiple hunting seaons on it. Check out their website. www.benoitsbigbucks.com
Old 02-24-2008, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wow...I just looked throught their photo album...that is impressive to say the least!
Old 02-24-2008, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah its pretty amazing... but you still have to have good area's to hunt... They hunt deepwoods but they are also smart hunters and hunt were other hunters dont go.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

IMHO, The Benoits are truly the best deer hunters in North America.
Itr's all fair chase, deep woods hunting in northern New England.

I have a few of their videos from recent years and watching how they hunt is amazing. They also take the time to explain what they are doing, why they are doing it and what they expect from it.

If your hunting style is cutting a fresh track, especially in the snow, then I highly recommend checking them out.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

they are some great hunters!
Old 02-25-2008, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are quite the characters.

Old 02-25-2008, 03:22 PM

I think you guys need to take a serious look at their videos and see how unethical these guys are. To advocate making deer run before you shoot at them to "make deer hunting more challenging" Or to take 4 shots at a running buck after you bent your sight....."I had to compensate because I fell and bent my sight while tracking this buck."

Sorry guys, but they are extremely unethical and the last people I would call "the greatest deer hunters in North America." These guys are laughable.

Its pretty bad when a game warden tells me they have to keep an eye on them.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great hunters for sure. No tree-standers... they hoof it on fresh tracks through the big woods. I think Larry is slowing down a bit but still hanging in there. All the kids / grandkids are now taking up the slack. Good luck to them.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Fork Horn

They are highly skilled for sure but leave something to be desired in the ethics department. It seems wherevever they go they have a following, must have been half the state of vermont in NW Ontario this year.

Quick Reply: Where are the Benoits?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.