Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Deer Hunting Shows

Old 02-19-2008, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default Deer Hunting Shows

Where are everyones favorite shows? Post your favorites from Maine to Montana.

Which ones are glorified flea markets?

Old 02-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Deer Hunting Shows

Springfield Mass, Northeast sportsmans show. @ the Big E
Old 02-19-2008, 07:21 PM

well we have a local deer show where im from if that counts, we kill the deer, then show everyone
Old 02-19-2008, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

They are all flea markets. Poorly acted ones at that. Most of the "hunting" is staged after the kill is already done and very little actual hunting ever happens in the first place.

How many "on the last day of our hunt" lines have you heard? Or "if it wasn't for this widgitthingy attached to my bow I would not have had a successful hunt".....

At least Pro Wrestling now admits that they arent really fighting, I wait for the day when Team Pro Real Somethingorother admits that the "hunts" they show on TV arent real either.

Old 02-20-2008, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've pretty much gave up on watching them, they are pimpin the products they use too much. Of course I know that pays for all the bills. I get tired of watching all these "Professional" hunter shoot and watching the deer run off and then we have to see the "staged" track. Drop'em where they stand boys. Thats what I like to watch.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Ryan Campbell

They are all flea markets. Poorly acted ones at that. Most of the "hunting" is staged after the kill is already done and very little actual hunting ever happens in the first place.

How many "on the last day of our hunt" lines have you heard? Or "if it wasn't for this widgitthingy attached to my bow I would not have had a successful hunt".....

At least Pro Wrestling now admits that they arent really fighting, I wait for the day when Team Pro Real Somethingorother admits that the "hunts" they show on TV arent real either.
I have also heard that most of the kills are not even accomplished by the actor "hunter" . This was told to me by a PH that I met in one the the deer camps I attended. He said that is all in entertainment and should be taken just for that.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

After that being said I do enjoy watching Realtree Roadtrips, and you must be crazy if you don't like watchin Tifflay the smackdown on "Getting Close".
Old 02-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

Actually, I Meant trade shows, Expos.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:27 PM

My votes would have to go to.......in no certain order
1-Realtree Roadtrips- Seems like Mr. Waddell has a true passion for hunting and has fun at the same time
2-Gettin Close- Maybe its because of Tiffany but they do lay down some great deer and footage. It also seems as if they have fun while doing it as well
3-Whitetail Freaks- Fairly new show to me and I've only seen a handfull of them but once again always great footage and you also get a background of the hunters (there real jobs, family). They also give you some sort of reason as towhy there hunting that "certain" setup.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:29 PM

Sorry I thought you meant T.V hunting shows, I'd let you know my favorite trade show but i've never been to one