Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 A blind for your family and friends >

A blind for your family and friends

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

A blind for your family and friends

Old 02-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default A blind for your family and friends

Ok fella's...My little girls are 2.5 and 1 years old now...so it won't be long. Also - I wanted to put something together that will hold Me and my dad or my other hunting buddies. What do you think of the Big Tex Shed from Home Depot? I am going to put this on my existing 8 foot poles.

My wood blind just isn't cutting it...this thing is $450 and durable..I will cut and fabricate shooting windows....give me your thoughts! oooooooohhh...home depot also makes little shelving units for this guy....

7X7 X 7.5 high

Old 02-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: A blind for your family and friends

it'd probably work out alright for you. definately good for repelling the weather. The best part about something like this is that you can keep small appliances(anti-bugs, heater, etc) to keep your daughters comfortable. this way they'll be more content and more willing to wait for the deer.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:04 PM
Spike

4x8 "the Blynd". My neighbor has been hounding me for 4 years to buy them for my clients. I finally bought three this year, and they all loved them. My nephew killed a doe during late season, and it was perfect for a kid. They can squirm around and talk and not really disturb the deer. I strongly recommend them. I bought 2 with legs, and built a tower for the third. The legs add more money, but they are great for moving the stands around. Just make sure you anchor them down, they are light weight. I also installed adjustable computer chairs in each one and a Mr Buddie heater. Works like a champ. Look at them at www.outdoorsforless. I search everywhere for best price and they beat everyone.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:53 PM
Typical Buck

I bought one of those before, they are a P-I-T-A to put together or they are simple and easy. The one I bought didn't go together the way it was supposed to and the roof wouldn't snap in right. I took it back and bought a wood kit storage building.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

sounds like itll work, you might wanna make the floor more sturdy though
Old 02-16-2008, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do it, and I might do the same. Good idea
Old 02-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the great feedback guys...I thought for sure I would get a blast of laughter..

Keep in mind...you are right...this blind will be built for comfort and just plain fun....its in a hot spot but obivously there are restrictions with the big blinds....I will have my Mr. Heater and my family in this bad boy....looking forward to it...

Brian